• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf on Ball Golf Courses - Master List

klay

Eagle Member
With ball golf courses looking for other revenue streams to keep their doors open, many have turned to disc golf as an addition to their existing course.

We have a golf course in or local area that is entertaining the idea of doing just that and our club has offered to assist them with the planning and development.

Unfortunately, there are few, if any, out here in Colorado and the Southwest that we can use as examples of a successful disc golf/ball golf combination. The closest I've come to seeing it done is the Pendaries Village course in New Mexico, but that is only temporary and does not share play time with regular golfers.

If you happen to know of any ball golf courses that have successfully added disc golf as a permanent option alongside their regular course, please list them here.

This will go a long way to helping us show them that it is an opportunity that can benefit them going forward.

Thanks!

I remember seeing a few in the Orlando/Tampa Florida region a couple of years back. I think Ridge Manor Oaks DGC and Lutz Executive DGC are both on 9 hole ball golf courses.

Fiesta Lakes and Greenfield Lakes down in Phoenix Arizona are a couple ball golf courses that double as disc golf courses as well. Haven't played Fiesta Lakes, although I hope to this weekend. It has some legitimate par 4's and 5's, and has very good reviews from the people that've played it. I've played Greenfield Lakes and it is a very nice course that offers 36 holes and golf carts as well as a beverage cart among other amenities.

I just played Tupelo Bay today in myrtle beach. It's only 9 holes but it runs along side the par 3 ball golf course. The ball golfers all seemed pretty nice and interested in what I was doing.

They have started popping up all over Florida, mostly due to the effort of Mike Barnett, proprieter of Sun King Disc Golf store. Thats who I would talk to.

Verdugo Hills DGC in LA.

I played here a hand full of times while I was in LA for business. They even have lights, so it was the only course you could play late into the night (went in January). It was a pretty sweet disc golf course and it wasn't bad sharing the holes with ball golfers.

How does this usually work? Do the courses play where golfers wait on disc golfers and vise versa? Or does the Dg course usually have minimal overlap?

How does this usually work? Do the courses play where golfers wait on disc golfers and vise versa? Or does the Dg course usually have minimal overlap?

I've played three styles of shared courses. The most common is where the fairways are shared and the flow is the same for both sports. Some courses manage to use the land around the course so there isn't much overlap or conflict and the flow is totally separate. I've seen a few where the disc golf course plays it's own layout crossing the golf fairways, that's the toughest one to have both sports going on at the same time and you have to make sure both sets of players are paying attention.

Bulldog Run in Plainview, MN

I don't know how successful they have been, but the course has been in for 3 yrs now and they haven't pulled the baskets yet, so that's saying something I guess. I played there twice this summer.

I guess I'm just not getting the logistics of it all. Are there tee times, and are the fees the same as both? I just don't see how they could justify golfers having to wait on us if the golfers paid more. Is the wait incredibly long for dger's since the holes can be played faster?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really intrigued by the idea.

Hey Klay, I couldn't find it with a quick search but there was another thread like this several months ago and it ended up with a list of a lot of these courses.

I guess I'm just not getting the logistics of it all. Are there tee times, and are the fees the same as both? I just don't see how they could justify golfers having to wait on us if the golfers paid more. Is the wait incredibly long for dger's since the holes can be played faster?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really intrigued by the idea.

Most golf courses that are busy enough to need tee times aren't putting in disc golf. It works better at lower budget courses that aren't super crowded and can use a little extra revenue. Golfers tend to be a lot slower on par 3 holes and a little longer on multi-shot holes if the distances for both sports are similar, they drive a lot farther than we do but their putting is a lot slower. I've had experiences where all the golfers let us play through and other rounds where we just had to wait a bit. The price is generally lower for disc golf, I've seen anything from $5 up to $15 or so (plus extra for a cart at a lot of places).

Last edited:
Theo Wirth Park in Golden Valley, MN has both ball and disc golf. Never played it but from what I have heard it is pretty nice. I have been to the park and it is beautiful.

Hey Klay, I couldn't find it with a quick search but there was another thread like this several months ago and it ended up with a list of a lot of these courses.

Steve West was compiling a pretty comprehensive list in that thread. I suggest sending him a PM, inviting him to post in in this one.

According to our Parks Dept., they recently had the discussion of dual use courses at a conference. Some of the concerns and complaints came from the ball golfers. Disc Golf made too much noise, holes played too quick in comparison to ball golf, so Ball Golfers had multiple groups coming through while they were on the one hole.

Latest posts