• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf on Mythbusters

Would be interesting to see what a high speed driver would do a ballistics gel dummy coming out of the hand of GG or Avery. Especially in super slow-mo.

It would be cool to see a driver slice through a watermelon in slow mo. But I think that would be more fitting for a show like Time Warp like garublador mentioned.

I would like to see them tackle the myth that discs of certain colors are more or less stable then other colors.

I don't think there is much doubt that a GG drive to the jugular could be fatal.

I understand that the possibility that discs can kill is not good to publicize,

but many sports that are played in public parks and sports fields are far more dangerous, such as baseball/softball (a man was killed locally last year by a softball), football, soccer, golf, hockey and not to mention skateboarding.

While it might get some people worried that their kids would be in danger from these "deadly discs", it would be easily argued by showing them the facts. Has there been one single death attributed to disc golf?

The situation that worries me the most is when I see groups of kids who are just learning the game, and they run up to the tee, throw their discs as hard as they can, and them go running to find them, regardless of the fact that their buddy is on the tee pad, 5 feet away teeing off right at them. I have had a close call with a kid who was teeing off without bothering to look first, when I was walking to a disc that had over-shot another hole. His buddies had already teed off, so I thought it was clear, not realizing that this kid had been running behind them (I think he stopped to take a piss between holes). So as I was looking for my disc, in the middle of his fairway, he threw his tee off and it went right by my head... within inches. I heard the wind rush by...it was that close!

Anyhow, if you would like to see dg in one form or another on mythbusters, please respond to the thread I started on their message board. Even if you think it's a bad idea, respond... controversy is a sign of interest.

As the old saying goes...there's no such thing as bad publicity.

The fact that she had a baby, just confirms that some lucky son of a gun out there tagged that. Lucky, lucky man.:hfive:

Psh.. one day Ill let you guys see pictures of my Nerd queen. She has the Cantina scene where Han shot first tattoo'd on her back. What! ha :thmbup:

my buddies son had to get his face stitched up because his son and mother were in the back yard playing catch with a driver. I supposed it could be possible in the right circumstances.

Go, Mom!

I think if more people saw a show on how fast a disc can go and the force behind a hit with one, they'd be less likely to picnic, do 'adult things', etc. on the courses.
However, it would be bad publicity for disc golf in general.

I think a much better disc golf on TV idea would be the Time Warped show. I think that's what it's called. The show with the insane slow-motion camera. Then you could see the disc warp and wiggle in flight and see how the disc reacts on impacts with the ground and chains.

I think if more people saw a show on how fast a disc can go and the force behind a hit with one, they'd be less likely to picnic, do 'adult things', etc. on the courses.
However, it would be bad publicity for disc golf in general.

I think a much better disc golf on TV idea would be the Time Warped show. I think that's what it's called. The show with the insane slow-motion camera. Then you could see the disc warp and wiggle in flight and see how the disc reacts on impacts with the ground and chains.

I think time warp is defunct...haven't seen it advertised in ages. How about we get UFO files to investigate reports of "thousands of flying saucers" being reported in parks around the country? ;)

We need more of y'all to go add comments to that thread!!! http://community.discovery.com/eve/...67776&m=77119362801&r=36919362801#36919362801

Last edited:

Latest posts