• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf on Real World

nygfaninva

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Usually I am all for any publicity the game gets, even on MTV's Real World. The New cast (I believe its in Portland) were filmed playing Disc Golf on an episode my son showed me last night. Not sure if its new or not. Pretty cool watching the cast play the sport I love, one guy didn't play too bad.

Anyone see this? If so anyone know where they were playing?

The Real World is still on TV? :\ :\ :doh:

Get those chuckers off my home course!!!

Actually, I guess any press is good press to grow the sport. Still, I'm embarrassed to have The Real World and Portland associated in any way.

The real question is, why is your son watching the Real World?? :confused: I never watched that $#!T when I was a kid.

So the show quite possibly responsible for the death of television featured my favorite sport?

I suddenly feel dirty. I wonder if they make water hot enough.

Looks like Pier Park in Portland. That show was great when I was in high school.........at least in my mind.

So the show quite possibly responsible for the death of television featured my favorite sport?

I suddenly feel dirty. I wonder if they make water hot enough.

lulz!

I was pretty disappointed to see the PDGA make a big deal about this on Twitter today. I know it is good exposure, but it's still the Real World. Not sure it is worthy of all the pub.

The real question is, why is your son watching the Real World?? :confused: I never watched that $#!T when I was a kid.

He is 22 and living at home, for right now......Hope that clears things up, LOL. I agree about the show, but love seeing the sport on TV anywhere.

hold on..
the real world is still on tv?
that crap was on when I was in high school..
and I'm old.

I haven't seen it in probably a decade but I know unless they have some bike messenger who blows snot rockets and eats peanut butter from a jar I don't want to see it. They'll never find another Puck and I won't support that show because of it.

Does this mean Pier will soon be filled with one-disc chuckers and their psychotic, whining girlfriends, all of whom drink Genessee tall boys, smoke, and litter everywhere?

Oh, wait...

Latest posts