• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc golf on the simpsons

adamtheviking5

Throws only Pink Discs
Hey I'm watching the Simpsons and they're having a town hall meeting about what sport the kids should play now that pee wee football has been deemed too dangerous and the rich Texan yells out "Frisbee golf". That's it. I see references to DG all the time and I always wanna post about em but this is the first time I have. Maybe I'll do it more often.

Hey I'm watching the Simpsons and they're having a town hall meeting about what sport the kids should play now that pee wee football has been deemed too dangerous and the rich Texan yells out "Frisbee golf". That's it. I see references to DG all the time and I always wanna post about em but this is the first time I have. Maybe I'll do it more often.

Was it Mark Cuban? ;)

Only if the birth rate slows down---10,800 per day in the US. I doubt that many start playing dg for the first time every day.

See? To the rest of the non-discing public, it'll always be "frolf". :D :p
While I prefer "disc golf," I don't have a problem with "Frisbee golf."
However, "frolf" just sounds stupid... IMHO.

Plus whenever I hear non-players refer to it, it's always Frisbee golf... I've only seen/heard the term "frolf" on the interwebz.

I hope they continue the story line with Mr. Burns' decision to enter the growing market with product of his own.... only to have him continuously tweak various molds and call them the same name.

Last edited:
I like how Ultimate is not called Disc Rugbee or Disc Football or anything like that...

I wish Disc Golf was called something like that... maybe, Hurl or whatever... honestly, I only gave it a second to come up with that so...

While I prefer "disc golf," I don't have a problem with "Frisbee golf."
However, "frolf" just sounds stupid... IMHO.

Plus whenever I hear non-players refer to it, it's always Frisbee golf... I've only seen/heard the term "frolf" on the interwebz.

I hope they continue the story line with Mr. Burns' decision to enter the growing market with product of his own.... only to have him continuously tweak various molds and call them the same name.

I've never heard/seen "Frolf" in real life either; but my first introduction to the sport was in the early 80s at a water park in K.C., MO where they had a course and they called it a "Folf" course, specifically: "Par None Folf"

I like how Ultimate is not called Disc Rugbee or Disc Football or anything like that...

I wish Disc Golf was called something like that... maybe, Hurl or whatever... honestly, I only gave it a second to come up with that so...

Too bad SnapChing is already taken.

I wonder if its a regional sort of thing..?? This region calls is Frisbee Golf or FROLF, and that region calls it Disc Golf... That sort of thing. A friend who has played a long time, and lives in Central Illinois, calls is Frolf, or Frisbee Golf. A friend I have in Saint Louis calls it Disc Golf.. And out here in NC, it seems like its mostly Disc Golf when I hear about it.

I think when I was in High School (Central Illinois) it was always called Frisbee Golf or Frolf...

Just my thoughts.. not that they matter ;-)

I think that is more like a person by person thing... you'll hear frisbee golf and disc golf on the same course...
The wider known name is likely frisbee golf... and it probably would have been the only name had "frisbee" not been a trademark of wham-o

edit: I mean that "frisbee golf" is likely to be known by non-players way before they'd know "disc golf"... when talking about it, I usually have to refer to it as "frisbee golf" once I get the "what is that?" question when I say "disc golf"

Last edited:
I was only using frolf to refer to "Frisbee golf"---which is inevitably what I have to call it when telling them that my current favorite sport is disc golf, and then their eyes either go blank or glaze over....

As long as drifting... my favorite is the jumbled attempt my sister said once "Disc Frolf"

.. as far as this thread, no posted animated gif if Milhouse sadly tossing a frisbee in his back yard alone, picking up, throw other way and repeat? with snarky "this is what disc golf looks like to the uninformed" of course