• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc Golf on Tosh.o

The clip accomplished several things we've been wanting as far as "national exposure" goes:

1) Even though he called it "frolf" at the end of the clip, the participants weren't exaggerated "frolfer" caricatures.

2) The demo was a cool achievement, and one that will probably be replicated all over YouTube by disc golfers attempting to beat Tosh's record.

3) Kind of related to #1, but the sport itself wasn't made to look goofy or akin to a hobby like LARPing.

4) By "nah-nah-nah-boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo"ing the golf clip below, Tosh implicitly called disc golf "cooler." :cool:

Now, the whole downside to this is the inevitable influx of the Tosh.0 demographic that will now want to discover disc golf, some of them perhaps ne'er-do-wells trying to be a YouTube sensation at your local course's expense.

Now, the whole downside to this is the inevitable influx of the Tosh.0 demographic that will now want to discover disc golf, some of them perhaps ne'er-do-wells trying to be a YouTube sensation at your local course's expense.

Just imagine driving all over town only to find that every single course has a college guy on it trying to break the "most holes played in 24 hours" world record.

Watch the clip

(okay, upon rewatching, I see I was mistaken about the "frolfer" stereotypes, but at least they were seemingly intentionally funny rather than "trying" to be one of us)

I hate getting frolfed in the face by lefties! (looking at you BennettUA :p)

I'm trying to figure out where the last disc comes from. It REALLY doesn't look like Tosh threw it.

Lol first comment is Areosep

First time I've heard the word frolf and didn't cringe, funny stuff.

Those putts are at the site of a disc golf course that's going in very soon, at Kenneth Hahn State Rec Area in Culver City. Sweet!

Latest posts