• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf on TV: All-Star Skills Competition and Match Play

Earic02

Par Member
The other thread about All-Stars at each shot made me want to post this idea I've had..

A fan-voted, top 20 / 30 / 40 players would participate in an All-Star Tournament and Skills Competition.

Alternate: 2 teams, picked by 2 captains. (Feldberg vs. Climo or USA vs. Europe, like the President's Cup, match play format)

The Skills Competition would take place the day before the tournament / match play / brackets, or the last day.

Also, the skills comp might work better with a team format, so that each event awards points to either team.

Alternate if no teams: it's everyone for themselves and they can enter multiple events, like Strongman competitions..

Skills Competition Events:
Putting Competition
Distance Competition
Distance + Accuracy (400 foot shots into hay-bale circle)
Shot Variations for CTP: Overhand, forehand, obstacles, etc.

Ace Competition - 20 shots, most aces with metals as tie-breaker

Think home run derby outs..
You could even do wide-open / easy-ish 250 or 300 footers at night time!!
With lights!!
And giant Red Bull bottle(s) for obstacle(s)!!
In a stadium!!
For the "finale"!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think an edited TV broadcast would be awesome for the skills comp, especially the ace competition. Filmed with NFL zip-cams, panning overhead / PGA blimp shots, of course!

Note: TV often likes to condense everything (Like the Memorial coverage on BSN..) ..So the skills comp would be well-suited to the attention span of most people who want to see lots of action.

Mix that in with highlights from the Match Play, with overall team scores always shown, and you've got a SWEET 2 hour broadcast on NBC Sports.

Last edited:
^ this would be a blast to watch. Especially in person!

Love the idea and the enthusiasm.

Now get out there and make it happen :D

I love that you love the enthusiasm.

Now to work on those sponsors...

Red Bull, Monster, Coke, Pepsi...

It's only a matter of time...

You crazy guys. I kind of feel like I am sitting at the table with some buddies taking inhalents from a large glass tube. Ohhhhh....wait, man.....what if we got a bunch of really good golfers together...... :)

^Lol!

"No! .. Dude! .. Hear me out, bro!!

It's like, X GAMES, mixed with that Big Break golf show, mixed with home run derby, mixed with WIPEOUT, mixed with disc golf ..."