• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Podcasts

Chainchaser, DGTR is excellent. Head and shoulders better than any of the other DG podcasts. I was happy to see that new shows were finally coming out. What was the reason for the long break?

I don't ask for money or at least I don't push it any way. I do this from my family room at my house. It is what it is.

So as I said at the beginning if you don't like it then don't listen I surely won't miss you and I doubt the guests we have on will either. I love how disc golfers alway want the best but are so quick to criticize people when they are just trying to add to the sport. I have never claimed to be the best at it but hey atleast I am trying and not sitting on an internet forum whining about it.

Bingo, it's a systemic problem that bleeds into the "what's in it for me/the cost doesn't equal the players pack" mentality.

Then shell out the big bucks because right now the podcasts out there are probably the best your going to get.

Double bingo. Media is doing the best that they can with the budgets. And time spent is generally time not compensated.

How much some people think the world owes them, and if you truly think there could be better then get out there and do it yourself. Have fun spending thousands on equipment with no return except to say you do it "for the love of it".

Chainchaser, DGTR is excellent. Head and shoulders better than any of the other DG podcasts. I was happy to see that new shows were finally coming out. What was the reason for the long break?

Well it really is a lame excuse. My wife had been wanting a pontoon boat. So we bought a fixer upper. I spend most of the spring doing that. It was a total rebuild just about. Some long days and weekends.

Also Terry started doing the live coverage and was super busy. I didn't want bother him to do shows because of that. Just out of respect you know, because that guy just lives and breaths disc golf and figured what he was doing was way more important than DGTR. So now things have settled down so I thought why not bring it back. So far we have done two shows and it was so much fun. Now though comes editing the audio NOT FUN!! LOL!!

How much some people think the world owes them, and if you truly think there could be better then get out there and do it yourself. Have fun spending thousands on equipment with no return except to say you do it "for the love of it".

No doubt. I do it because I love professional disc golf. I really enjoy the stories that are told by the pros. Terry hardly ever asks cookie cutter questions. Some of his questions I sit back and think "where the hell did he come up with that?". I think it works fairly well between me and terry. terry does the off the wall stuff and I ask the listeners questions for the most part because he does not care to do those. Then I do all the editing and loading and get the guests because really he don't have time for that.

I am not sure what juicy stories the OP wants but I think we usually do a decent job talking about relevant stuff. I only do in the bags when it is the first show for the guest other than I usually only ask questions concerning discs that listeners ask.

Oh yea and thanks!! It is nice hearing a good word every once in a while.