• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf replacing football

This is why DVR was invented. I usually tape my college football team's game on Saturday and watch it when I get done disc golfing. Since on I'm a Chiefs fan there really is no need to watch said misery :doh:. Therefore I would rather play while I can, because winter time and basketball season, I coach, shall begin here in 3 weeks so I need to get my dg fix whenever possible.

Unrelated, it's cool to see a couple of Mordecai and Rigby fans in here. Fist Pump.....yayyy-uhhhhhhh.

Related, I've also discovered that even a horrible round of disc golf beats the hell out of sitting on the couch. Luckily, I've been putting like Nikko Locastro lately, so life is good.....until I sit down and watch my Bengals. :wall:

Dont know why you cant have your cake and eat it to. I live 30 minutes from the "Big House" and 115,000 screaming fans on Saturdays in the fall. On my way to the stadium is Waterloo State Rec, Hudson Mills, Independence Lake, Bandemer Park and CJ's Party Store and 4,000 discs.

Nothing better than a 3:30 kick off so I can golf all morning and into the afternoon. Finish up and head over to the tailgate and stuff my face with food and adult beverages before kick off. Might be gone from 8 am to 8 pm, but those are 12 wonderful hours in the fall.

Went to the UM vs Air Force game in September. We played 28 holes at The Ponds at Lakeshore on the way to the game. I agree, perfect day. Go Blue!

Sundays are for football. Disc golf has almost kicked mlb out of my life though. I never watch baseball anymore. I'd rather go discin'.

I really try to watch the Badgers and Packers, but right now this game is pretty stinking boring so I might head out to the course.

As to countchunkula, that's understandable when you live in IL. I wouldn't want to watch the Cubs or Sox either! But I agree, DG has easily replaced MLB. The summer months are too nice to waste not playing.

Well it's definitely affected deer season for me. I usually kill 2 or 3 in bow season and I didn't even go this year with a bow. Stayed on the dg course.

Oh yeah, this was a football thread.

I'm lucky to be a Texas Rangers fan. Most of their games are at night, so I get to watch most of them after playing.

As for the seasons, I'd rather play disc golf in the winter in Texas than I would during July and August. I play all year, but the toughest months are definitely in the middle of the summer.

I quit watching the NBA in 2007. I have yet to see a complete NFL game this year. College football is cool, I'll see all of tonight's game.

They are having a Birdie Bash tomorrow at Mt Airy, the reason it's this Sunday is because it's the Bengals bye week.

I'd rather throw all my discs and disc bag in a wood chipper than sit through a football game.

:runsandhides:

College football is my jam, so I gotta watch. But games don't start until early afternoon so there's no reason not to do both, unless you've got other family type responsibilities to take care of. I got some practice in, played 18, met my wife for lunch and still made it back to watch Ga/Fla at 2:30 my time. I don't miss Georgia football when it's on here. Can't, won't and don't.

On a side note, I was just watching the Alabama/Mississippi St. game and they just showed a clip of the two college's disc golf teams playing. They showed a few clips of throws and discs banging chains. I missed it when they said which team won, as they were holding up a big basket trophy, b/c I was stunned that I was seeing this on TV. This is on ESPN in primetime! I couldn't believe my eyes.

On sundays ill go play golf as long as I want and dvr the game to watch later. The NHL lockout has given me more free time too.

Yep, footballs been replaced for me. If I catch a game good, if not oh well.

I guess it helps that I am not a football fan. Doing something always trumps watching something on TV. I watch motogp and wsbk, but since its on the internet I can watch it anytime. Plus when the races are on the other side of the world, they tend to be like 2-5 am local, and I am not getting up that early to watch it live.

Latest posts