• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Resolutions

I will leave each course I play better than I found it.

That's been my attitude for the past few months and it paid off a couple of weeks ago. I climbed through some thick brush to pick up some trash and next to it, under some leaves, was a dirty but brand new Champion Valkyrie. No name, no #. A reward from the DG gods! Now my buddies are carrying trash bags and doing the same. Anybody remember this ad campaign from the '70's? It f*cked me up when I was a little kid.

Iron_Eyes_Cody_Keep_America_Beautif.jpg

This year I plan to.....
-play all the SCDGO tourneys <last year only missed 2, one filled up and didn't get in, the other there were 2 on the same w/e>
-be more consistent in tourneys
-actually WIN advanced masters points series....4years now at #2
-finally play all the Charlotte courses
-practice my drives more out in the field
-win the SC doubles championship with my partner<we lost by 1 stroke last year>
-try and do more course maintainance on my home course, more than just before the tourneys

mutumbos back

1 -Get out of Houston. this has got to be the worst disc golf town in world,yeah there is alot of courses but they almost all suck and the ones that dont only have a few good holes and arent really worth driving for over and hour to go 30 miles. 2 - find a putter and stick with it 3- did i mention there is no disc golf store other than academy less than an hour and half from my house. 4 - try to be more positive , the Rockets are doing pretty good so thats something

I remember, and me, too. The tear rolling down the Native American's face was the Pièce de résistance.

Yeah, it was the TV commercial that really pounded it home. The print ads don't do it justice.

1. Play 12 new courses (1/month) in 2009 (Including La Mirada, and Oak Grove in Pasadena where it all started)-write reviews
2. Travel with Putter and Driver on all Bussiness trips.
3. Get my first Ace
4. I already play at least once a week, but I will add a Putting and or Driving Practice to that weekly schedule.
5. Quit using a backpack and get a real bag after all these years!
6. Get a dog and bring her on every round, get her a bag too!

Already got my first ace of the year, my buddy got one three holes prior to mine, bastard, but I vow to play at least 13 tournaments this year and work on putting alone at least once a week.

Aces!!! haha I just found an awesome course near me that I've been reluctant to play because it is further away and only 9 holes but the ace possibilities are endless!!! There are a bunch of 200-250 holes. I also, like so many others would like more distance and to place competitively in my first tourney in Feb.

I will make the following Disc Golf Resolutions for 2009,

1. Throw my first 900 rated tournament round.
2. Get my first 350 foot drive.
3. get at least one ace.

and my main one.
4. be good enough to play intermediate competitively in 2010.

I got 1,3, and most importantly 4. Now that I throw a 270 to 290 tomahawk for distance, 2 became less of a concern.

If you posted in this thread let us know if you met your goals.

Accountability my friends!

Last edited:
1. Backhand 300'+ w/ consistency, Forehand also needs some consistency.
2. Make putts on the course, no problem in practice.
3. Narrow down discs in my bag, way too many.
4. Stop buyin discs. Unless some new big bad overstable driver comes out or I lose a fav.
5. Join PDGA and do some tourneys!
6. Hit some new courses.
7. Play more!

#1 Definitely got that one.
#2 Still working on it, although its a little better.
#3 Still working on it, although its much better than before.
#4 Fail. At least I have almost every discs known to man now, so I only need replacements.
#5 Check.
#6 Check.
#7 Check.

Start carrying trashbags instea of just picking up till my bag is full. Introduce the game to more people. I wish I could get an Ace!!!

I got 1,3, and most importantly 4. Now that I throw a 270 to 290 tomahawk for distance, 2 became less of a concern.

If you posted in this thread let us know if you met your goals.

Accountability my friends!

blang, just a suggestion, feel free to ignore it. Find a different shot for those 270-290 tomahawks in most cases and only throw the tomahawk when you have to. I believe most shoulders have a finite number of tomahawks in them, you want to save'em for when you need'em.:thmbup:

1. Add an extra 50ft to my drives.
2. Not to buy any plastic this year... wishful thinking on my part.
3. Win in advanced @ C-tier or higher.

1. Keep enjoying the sport
2. Meet more cool people and introduce more people to the coolest sport on the planet
3. promote my local courses and lobby for additional holes and or new courses in my area
4. play at least 4 big tourneys and not finish last and as many new courses as possible.

CwAlbino, if you're quoting me for your signature, I feel as though I have arrived. Funniest thing I've seen since the Cheez-Its thread. Thanks, I think.

1) Continue to place top 5 in AM1 in every tourney
2) Start playing Open over the summer
3) Play a tournament at least every other weekend come summer

Resolution: Practice in the fields and putting on practice basket, play in 2 or 3 sanctioned tournies (and place in top 3 in Am 1 in one of those<---goal).

1) consistent 350' drives with an teebird and/or eagle.
2) Master the Spike Hyzer and Roller.
3) Stop saying "everything should be a birdie" and say "everything IS a birdie".

Latest posts