• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Road Trip: St. Louis to Denver

nafets8

Bogey Member
Hello all,

So, a buddy and I are planning a spring disc golf/camping trip in mid-March and thought the lovely and equally obsessed people of dgcr would be a great source of information. I live in the St. Louis area so we were think that here would be a good launching point for the trip. As of right now we are planning on travelling from St. Louis through Kansas City to Denver and back, playing about 2 courses a day for about a week. The main information we are hoping to get everyone here are:
  1. Course suggestions or information that may be necessary about current courses we are planning on playing. (I have a list at the bottom)
  2. Information on camp sites along the way.
  3. If anybody here is a local of the area and would want to play a round with us? (March 10-18)
  4. Any other information you think would be beneficial (weather, crowds, etc.)

And currently, we are planning on hitting up the following:
  • Jones Park East, Jones Park West
  • Beaver Meadows, Sundance
  • Ghost Town, Beaver Ranch
  • Phantom Falls
  • Rio Grande, Alamosa
  • Pueblo
  • Waterworks, Blue Valley Park

Thanks for any information!

Happy Discin'

Just realized there is a "Vacations and road trips" sub-forum. Can a mod move if for me or just delete it here so I can put it in there? Sorry :/

Good choice swinging south of KC to hit up Emporia. Play Peter Pan too if you got time. Make sure to hit up the DD store too for any extra plastic. They are always friendly and helpful. Have fun. I'll know my schedule better in a few weeks but if I'm in town and not busy I'd be down for a round while you're here.

Thanks Steeze! We'd love to get a round or two in with you while we're there (I'm the buddy). As it is, I'm thinking Emporia will be an overnight stay either on the way to or from Colorado. Do you have any suggestions for places to look into for camping out in the area?

Camping in the parks would probably get you hassled I think they patrol after 11pm to make sure nobody is up to shady things. (wish they enforced the leash law so strictly) There is a camp ground just outside of town on highway 50 that I'm sure is reasonable. I know they have wifi and it's right next to a big truckstop with a restaurant.

Weather is about what you'll get in st. louis at that time of year but be prepared for plenty of wind and maybe some rain. Both jones and peter pan get muddy. I would hit the dd store on your way to the park you may find some pros hanging out who will be happy to go play a round with you guys also. If you can think of anything else you want to know just ask I'll be happy to help. Lived in Emporia most my life I usually know what's going on and who's around to do it with.

Latest posts