• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Sandals?

Bogeyman928

Thanks to working from home and living in the desert i'm blessed to almost never wear have to wear shoes, except for when I throw. When I first started playing I destroyed a pair of Keen sandals and havent tried playing in any since, last week however I forgot my shoes on a trip to a course in a neighboring town and played in my "homemade" huaraches and LOVED it - except for having to repair them after every tee shot.

Does anyone here regularly throw in sandals and if so can you recommend a brand?

Thanks to working from home and living in the desert i'm blessed to almost never wear have to wear shoes, except for when I throw. When I first started playing I destroyed a pair of Keen sandals and havent tried playing in any since, last week however I forgot my shoes on a trip to a course in a neighboring town and played in my "homemade" huaraches and LOVED it - except for having to repair them after every tee shot.

Does anyone here regularly throw in sandals and if so can you recommend a brand?

I wear some Teva sandals similar to these. I wear these as everyday sandals as well. However, when I am disc golfing in the sandals I make sure all the straps are very tight so I can actually get some traction.

Teva brand have soles with some arch support for my old feet. Off brands have flat soles with zero support.

1100033-BCGR_1.jpg

I don't play a round in them but I practice in my realtree Crocs all the time. I'd probably be comfortable playing a relatively flat course in them if it wasn't too rocky. Just gotta put them in sport mode.

I'm sure they're comfortable and all, but those things are hideous looking.

I'm sure they're comfortable and all, but those things are hideous looking.

Were you talking about the Crocs?

Either way, since when is disc golf all about looking mah-velous?

Yeah the Crocs. I'd like to get a pair of sandals like the ones you posted. I just got some Keens a couple weeks ago so those will have to wait.

I wear some cheap Wal Mart sandals if it's really hot out, but any kind of moisture and I'm constantly falling out of them.

If I was trying to look cool, I wouldn't be playing disc golf.

Not my line, but I agree with the sentiment.

One Trail Running Brand makes Running Sandals that work, though if full Vegan or no wanting beyond minimal shoes they are not for you due to some models using leather and the glue used for them. The brand also makes shoes for running too that are beyond minimal, only a rubber sole and maybe a sockliner. However I forget the brand but the shoes should last from 1000-2000 miles for some reason, only reason with the more shoe like options the upper is why people replace the shoes and turn old ones into sandals. The models can be worn on non trails too, the soles are not really deep tread style. I forget the brand sorry.

I foreget the brand but they were least popular models during the barefoot/minimal fad.

You don't think knee socks and cargo shorts is an en vogue fashion statement?

Nope, that is in disc golf more a statement of playing in Tick safety that if it does get too hot out the often Sports or trail running/hiking socks, they hold up best can get pushed down. Sometimes they are wearing taller compression socks or calf compression sleeves to "help with Blood-Flow" but honestly for me it is a hindrance like a tourniquet when doing sports. In running and similar spots though the arm sleeves are nice for days the temps are all over the place not consistent for the time of day or long run where I heat up quick. I use (more used, NEED to get back to running) the non compression sleeves or some ultra light compression as I hate the compression for arms too in running or other like sports. The Leg warmers I hate too for sports unless shin style are needed for a sport like baseball or Soccer.

Last edited:
I've worn sandals in the summer for several years. Teva Hurricanes are my favorite. They have a pretty hard sole that holds up well. Often I can get them on sale through the Teva website.

You certainly aren't going to get any style points wearing Crocs but they offer toe protection which is a big plus for me; losing a toe nail is not a good time.

I just wonder where the heck people are playing that they can forgo the protection of a shoe. The brambles alone would shred you on an NC woods course.

Or maybe people here never miss the fairway? Seems unlikely. ;)

Latest posts