• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc golf shoes- you have a favorite

Merrell Moab GORE-TEX XCR with Vibram soles:

785644-p-DETAILED.jpg

Got them from Zappos.

+1 for the Merrell Moab Ventilators :)

deffinatly have to jump on the merrell wagon.... bought a pair of continum series boots.... best grip, best feeling shoes ive ever worn.... even though there 200 gm thinsulate.... ive worn them the past two months for golf...... never looking at a different brand for disc golf shoes....

I play in steel-toe work boots. Good ankle support, and I tend to drag my right big to when I throw on the concrete tee pads and have worn it down to the metal. If i played in anything else, I'd have to buy shoes once a month.

i just bought some sketchers (not sure what kind) with small cleets on the soles. i dont think i will use them on concrete tees. before i got those, i wore slip on vans.

tryed a pair of sketchers today, feet were wet by the first pinn. not a good round...

Second the Patagonia Boaris'. Awesome shoes! I also wear Merrell Intercepts when the mood strikes me.

...Mine are old running shoes that I have worn out, but I still use them for disc golf. I don't want to ruin the soles of my new shoes on the teepads.
Same here. My work tennis shoes then become gym shoes, then become DG shoes... then trash.

I'm not into paying for shoes only to mess them up on dirt/rocks/tees or get them smelling like swamp from the DG courses.

Merrell Moab GORE-TEX XCR with Vibram soles:

785644-p-DETAILED.jpg

Got them from Zappos.

:hfive: Great shoes. I remember a very rainy day that I tried to step over a puddle in those, and underestimated it, stomped full foot into it(not above shoe) and was completely dry. Though I really do want to try out the five fingers, since I'm always barefoot anyways if I'm not in shoes...though I heard they get really stinky easy.

The Merrell Moab Ventilators are also really good shoes. Down here in Texas, the breathability is amazing. They also look remarkably similar to the GORE-TEX ones mentioned above. ;)

733312-p-DETAILED.jpg

^Those were actually a lot softer too, but I wanted something waterproof for muddy days and what not so the choice was obvious. Those did feel like they breath very nicely which the GORE-TEX ones don't as much.

Those Merrell's look sweet! I have been wearing the Keen Milo since November. They were very waterproof in an all day rain round last winter. They are very beat now, I wear them to work everyday though. I said I wouldn't but they are so comfortable.

I would give them a 9/10

Vibram soles would be cool.

Those Merrell's look sweet! I have been wearing the Keen Milo since November. They were very waterproof in an all day rain round last winter. They are very beat now, I wear them to work everyday though. I said I wouldn't but they are so comfortable.

I would give them a 9/10

Vibram soles would be cool.

Yeah the Merrells are nice, not overly comfortable IMO, but it was better than a plastic heel piece cutting into my heel all the time(happened twice with shoes from newbalance). <-That caused me to forgo wearing my old ones through the winter like I had planned to keep the new Merrells nicer longer.

Latest posts