• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Shoes

I took some great advice on here and got Shoe Goo for my toe drag. Several thin layers will build up a good barrier that will last a few rounds. It will wear away, but you can keep reapplying.

Another great piece of advice is to buy shoes with a warranty. My Eccos are guaranteed for life.

Check out some construction adhesives. They come in various styles but cheaper than shoe goo and work better. Liquid nails is VERY tough.

Join REI and get some KEENS.

My last pair survived 3 years of disc golf and I still use them for camping/festivals.

I have the same problem. My shoes last forever except for when I use them for disc golf. It took me several different brands and styles before I realized (along with some advice on this site) that the key is the sole of the shoe. You need a solid sole made of only one material. The sole made of more than one material would rip apart after a round or two for me. I've been wearing Adidas classic Sambas for the past year with no problem. They don't grip the greatest when wet, but they definitely won't come apart.

FOOT DRAGGER !

200_s.gif

I might not throw their discs, but Vibram shoe soles are the Hot Diggity.

Undoubtadiggity!

Have used 3 Keen in the past. Should note, I used to have a bad habit of leaning into the ball of my foot on hyzer shots. So I would burn through the heel, but also the ball. Further more the insoles on Keens wouldn't last for me. That was the biggest let down.

Then I found a pair of Cushe Baja Base for 75 bucks. The Vibram soles on those were superbly awesome:) The problem was that they actually aren't water proof, despite being labeled as so.

So I dropped some money on a pair of Merrell All Out Blaze. I wear Merrell barefoot style shoes, but they can't handle DG. But the All Out Blaze are a perfect shoe period! Undoubtadiggity:D

+1 for vibram soled shoes.

I have a pair of Saucony Exodus (trail running shoes) that have lasted for several years. Not waterproof or goretex though.

If it's really wet or cold I have some Columbia waterproof hikers (can't remember the model) that I wear wool socks under and they've done well for a few years also.

I like my Merrell Moabs (low) for discing shoes. They're a bit pricey, but there's enough material and quality in them that I can get a good season or more out of them.

I grabbed a pair of Merrell trail running shoes on clearance from the local outlet. Comfy, grippy and hopefully they last a long time.

Word. Merrill moabs are the last disc shoe I'll ever use as long as they keep making them. They are a little heavier, and pricey too, but worth it. My first pair lasted me 3 years of super heavy use when no other shoe I've tried lasted more then 1

I'm on this bandwagon as well. In the South, I buy the Moab Ventilator, which is very airy, so my feet don't get as hot and sweaty. But they also have waterproof models and I think there are mid-top models as well. I've lost count of how many pairs of Moabs I've bought. I cycle them like Rocs: when one pair becomes old and ratty, they become my yard work/muddy disc golf shoes, and I buy a new one. They also seem to be very popular among other disc golfers I meet on the course. :thmbup:

General tip for Michiganders; If you have a Gazelle Sports store in your area, they are having their Summer Sidewalk Sale and have Keens and Merrells on sale for 50%-75% off. Grabbed some Merrell All Out Blaze Water Proofs for $50! (Beware, most sales are picked over, I was lucky to find a USM 12 size - Merrell runs smaller sized by .5 - From what I hear, most tents are pretty low on discount stock)

Last edited:
Where what is comfortable for you not what you see others wearing. I have several pairs of trail running shoes but one of the best pairs of shoes I had were Starter running shoes I got for $12 at Walmart.

Keen Marshall's are on sale on Keen's garage sale today on their website. Limited sizes left $97 instead of $130. I'm a big guy 300+ lbs. I've been wearing marshalls for 2 years now of discing once a week. They are losing their water proof a bit starting the end of this last winter, and they look like they will last one more winter. Super comfy for a big guy too. I can't imagine putting my foot into anything else at this point.

Where what is comfortable for you not what you see others wearing. I have several pairs of trail running shoes but one of the best pairs of shoes I had were Starter running shoes I got for $12 at Walmart.

Agreed. I can't wear Merrells (too narrow), Keens fall apart on me (they sure are comfy though). So I end up with Asolo and Saloman (although, would be much better on non-concrete pads). Both last much better for me, but I'm not really a toe dragger.

Big-time toe dragger here, my all-time favorite disc shoe is the Adidas Superstar (the shelltoe for those not in the know). My current disc shoe is the Globe Fusion, which is working pretty well, but I think I need another pair of Superstars.