• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf St. Louis this weekend, Where to stay & go??

7ontheline

Double Eagle Member
Hello, Internet friends. Memphis has some hurricanes blowing through this weekend and I see the weather is going to be perfect for camping in St. Louis so I'm looking for suggestions on where to tent camp and where to play.Thanks in advance

Carrollton has B-Tiers on Sept 5-6 so they have been mulching and cleaning that bad boy up; this weekend it might be in about as good a shape as you will find it.

I'd hit St. Charles County for camping. Indian Camp Creek has primitive lots available and a bomber course.

Then you can hit Fort Zunwalt, Quail Ridge, New Melle and Warrenton all while avoiding St. Louis traffic

I'd hit St. Charles County for camping. Indian Camp Creek has primitive lots available and a bomber course.

Then you can hit Fort Zunwalt, Quail Ridge, New Melle and Warrenton all while avoiding St. Louis traffic
Thanks but by tent camping I mean showers, water, and power

I like the idea of avoiding traffic but I'd rather do whatever it takes if there's something looking badass right now.

Last edited:
Cool, I used to work at Babler. It's a nice spot. No real golf options around there, though. Logan is probably the closest good course.

I say this a lot, but St. Louis has a lot of good golf. Not great, but good, solid courses. Carrollton, Logan, Sioux Passage, Jefferson Barracks, Endicott, Woodland, Konarcik...all good courses. It's hard to recommend one over the other, though. They don't stand out from each other.

New Melle is way out West in St. Charles County and Foundation is waaayyy over East in Centralia, IL Those are probably the best in the area, but it's debatable if either one is actually in the area. If you can plan your drive to swing out to Centralia, I'd do that.

From what I gather, Willmore is a stinking sewer/swamp mess of a park right now. It rates pretty high, but right now I'd call it a skip.

Of the five courses I have played in St Louis from KC I believe Jefferson Barracks is the course I hope to play again. The course has a historic feel to it just as Waterworks Park here in KC does. Best of luck on your upcoming road trip.

New Melle is really good. But I'm with Threeputt, if you can get to Foundation I'd definitely recommend that. Both courses are excellent.

I had a great time in St Louis and surrounding towns and felt safe at Babler.

I hit Jefferson Barracks Friday on the way in. Loved the old growth trees and bomber lines. My no warm up putting strategy let me down but still managed even par.

Saturday was Foundation day. I played the shorter Red Pads and shot -1. Once again, no warm up led to five in the circle misses. I lost my flippy QJ in the creek on #11 and decided then that after an otherwise wonderful experience that I would play another round from the Blue tees and fish out my lost disc afterwards. From the Blues I shot +4 on the front nine and -1 on the back nine for an great time +3, plus the sunlight had changed so I was able to see my disc in the creek and easily got it out. I saw maybe six disc golfers all day on a beautiful property.

Sunday at 8am New Melle was already a half full lot with mostly park walkers. I played the long blue tees and had a great time shooting +2, again I aint got time for no warm up especially when I see a few crowds of golfers meeting up.

Foundation and New Melle would be on the next to impossible in the Champship long basket positions... but I'd like to try.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Sounds like a good trip. I just played all those in July and enjoyed them all. 👍