• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf terminology

You should have been more specific in regards to turnover. Plus the link you posted doesn't exactly have a technical (or right?) definition of turnover. Look at the link Frank posted on the first page (it's the ? on post #4 if you didn't see it), it has a more specific definition for turnover.

if you search "Disc golf terminology", the discfly page is the first result. It is essentially the correct definition just a little short on words...there are better search results below that. I ended up with this one:

Turnover - The term used to describe the flight of a disc that curves to the right when thrown flat or at hyzer. A less overstable or understable disc will generally be easier to turn over.

Any how, i play with someone who contends that a turnover shot starts out curving to the right (assuming RHBH) and then "turns over" to the left. I don't agree with that. I would call that a helix.

Oh, good lord we have some noob quality posts in this thread :rolleyes:.

Turnover: A throw resulting when a disc thrown flat or hyzer, "flips" or "turns over" and travels to the right for RHBH. *This ability to turn or flip is relative to the disc's speed, stability, and stage of wear, as well as the thrower's arm speed and form.

Hyzer-flip: Like a turnover, except the disc generally fades back and finishes with hyzer after it flips or turns over. Usually hyzer-flips just flip to flat and don't completely turnover, but see *.

S-curve, Flex, or Helix: Generally an overstable (to the thrower) disc thrown with anhyzer that S-curves in flight as it fights its initial anhyzer release and fades back left (for RHBH).

Anhyzer or AnnY: A disc thrown with anhyzer that stays anhyzer, in other words, is "turned over" its entire flight.

Turn and Burn: A disc flipped or turned over too extremely so that it results in hitting the ground too soon, usually resulting in unpredictable rolls, your friend's laughter, and massive swearing by yourself.

Gee thanks! I wanna grow up to be just like you someday.

Unfortunately, being a Canadian, you'll never have the chance to be a true, red-blooded, American whoop-ass machine like yours truly. But, if you say your prayers, take your vitamins, eat a lot of red meat, and learn to love cars that can only go fast in a straight line, you might come close.

*shoots Colt Navy revolver in air*

Latest posts