• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Tycoon

Pitty241

What do you think it would be like if there was a Disc golf tycoon game where you can build and mantain your own disc golf course like in Roller coaster Tycoon

That would be pretty cool if it involved all the intricacies of course design....and you get to play the courses you build.

Is there a large enough market that would justify the costs of making it?

I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon, was one of my favorite games growing up. I had a friend that used to play Ski Resort Tycoon as well.

I think it would struggle to translate to disc golf. There's really only so much you can do with a disc golf course. Would get boring pretty quickly. A lot of the fun of RCT was building bigger and bigger parks with bigger crowds. Crowds are no good on a disc golf course.

haha I think it would be cool I mean and you don't have to limit your self to the 250 foot hole that is average. you could build actual islands and have different themes and scenarios

Tournament Director by Capcom
A late player approaches. What will ye do?

a) Mark him down as a 7 for all missed holes
b) Eject him from the tournament
c) Allow him to play missed holes after the round
d) Suggest a bribe

A late player approaches. What will ye do?

a) Mark him down as a 7 for all missed holes
b) Eject him from the tournament
c) Allow him to play missed holes after the round
d) Suggest a bribe
e) Humiliate him publicly for being inconsiderate and use his entry fee to buy lottery tickets.

FTFY

I play a zoo game on my iPad to pass the time. I would be ok with a similar DG game :).

you could have the design side of the game and when your course gets bigger and better it would be like the cake maker game where you control the players throwing from each tee to keep them happy with the flow. and add things like water coolers and side games at the tee boxes to distract them from the wait........

EA, I think it was, had a game called Sim Golf not too terribly long ago. You build the course, players come and play. You have to try to get so many holes rated highly, so many points for creative, strategic, and bomber holes, etc. Not an exciting game, but I spent a LOT of time playing it. Unfortunately very small user base; you could share courses, and you could build your own professional golfer with different statistic, but it never really took hold because it wasn't a golf simulation.

I think something like that would work well for disc golf. It would have to be a small developer, and they'd probably fund it through Kickstarter or something like that. I'd buy it.

Man I used to love RCT series. Like previously said it wouldn't translate well to DG.

Roller Coaster Tycoon was my $#!+ growing up. I will pay money for someone to create a DG game like that.

Latest posts