• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained - VIDEO GAME!

Well, Par free, so I was happy. I only have 3 or 4 aces so far so a "Perfect" round is not in my stable. However, I was pretty stoked! Vidgamuhgame McBe4st over here! ;)

It's only taken a couple weeks, but now even the DG video games have the "Has technology made courses obsolete" issue...

-19 is riduclous, but at least DGUnchained can make longer courses without having to get the Parks Dept permission.

It's only taken a couple weeks, but now even the DG video games have the "Has technology made courses obsolete" issue...

-19 is riduclous, but at least DGUnchained can make longer courses without having to get the Parks Dept permission.

Very true.

I'm now sitting at;

Sudden Valley: -13
Furnace Rock: -19
Summers Pass: -17
Merman Cay: -13

Pretty easy if you get upset with pars. Most local courses (besides the pitch and putt) I'm happy with a round that comes out 2-3 down overall. Hell, lots of days I'm happy with even scores on some courses!

my new best today :thmbup:
4673216_orig.png

It's touchy for me. Takes several tries usually to get the "lean" to respond.

Same goes for the disc selection from my bag. Often times it takes several touches of the selector to pick the disc.

Still waiting on my first Ace. How many of you use the "zoom" feature when aiming? I find the disc flight path is often not a good representation of the actual flight of the disc

i find the zoom feature, along with an adjustment according to wind velocity/direction as well as elevation change to be a very accurate model for disc flight....

since early on i have advocated for a "novice" setting and a "pro" setting. early on, the full game didn't have the flight preview and i found myself very satisfied when i got proficient at driving, upshots, putts. then with adding the flight preview like in Flight Lab, it makes the game very easy. simple for a beginner to understand, but when a knowledgeable discer takes that and adjusts for wind speeds... well, aces come much easier.

I would envision a "Pro" mode with no flight preview. Zoom/Pan yes, to see the hole layout, and look for landing zones, but no flight path preview.

I would also love to see a flight path ghost trail that you could bring up as a replay :thmbup:

I had that too but it went away pretty quickly. Try closing all of the way out of the program and restarting it, and if that doesn't work maybe try re-starting your phone. Or ask Zenbot, it sounds like he had the same thing and got help fixing it.

I had that too but it went away pretty quickly. Try closing all of the way out of the program and restarting it, and if that doesn't work maybe try re-starting your phone. Or ask Zenbot, it sounds like he had the same thing and got help fixing it.

Restarting phone didn't work.
The Contact Us section of Local Routes website is giving me a 403 Forbidden error when i try to submit this issue.
The red "circle-slash" thru the Remove Ads for $0.99 window is also gone.

Last edited:

After the phone reboot i opened the game and still was getting ads. So i cancelled the game i was in the middle of and exited the app.

Before i had been hard rebooting the app by double clicking the Home button and sliding the window up and off. I guess the game needs to be shut off properly, thru the normal exit buttons.

New PR in the woods -19

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 26
It looks like there a blue teepads and baskets available for purchase now, so if you haven't updated recently you may want to. I had the ads come back (again) but they went away after I quit and restarted the program a couple of time.

I have found putters start dropping out of the sky as they get worn, so I am buying a new baseline putter every round or two now. I think the higher quality ones don't grab chains as well.

Jenga, you are way better than me at this. I think my best at SV is still around -9 or -10. In my defense, I have only had a smartphone for about 3 months.

It looks like there a blue teepads and baskets available for purchase now, so if you haven't updated recently you may want to. I had the ads come back (again) but they went away after I quit and restarted the program a couple of time.

I have found putters start dropping out of the sky as they get worn, so I am buying a new baseline putter every round or two now. I think the higher quality ones don't grab chains as well.

Jenga, you are way better than me at this. I think my best at SV is still around -9 or -10. In my defense, I have only had a smartphone for about 3 months.

are you on android kerplunk? I'm excited for blue tees when ios updates, been throwing a lot of putters, mids and fairways at 300-400' at LVL 27, Power 7, Acc. 6.

I'm carrying an OS premium disc in each speed 4-15, and it means that in Drive or Control i can land a disc just about anywhere. Way back the guys fixed the physics of the "disc skip" so something i think very real, and i get quite a few aces from skips.

Thanks, the -19 at SV was a real round, and there were 1 or 2 other very close aces.

The -29 was pretty fun to put together, although I was hoping it was obvious that it wasn't a "real" round :) if anyone takes the time to figure out how i did it, and put together a round like that, i'd love to see it! It's not photoshop, my phone says -29 at FR :D

my next feedback is to figure out a way to make par 4 holes - but i don't think that will happen until there's a way to create holes from scratch, vs saving seed numbers that are randomly generated.

interesting thing i've noticed - when you play a hole, the land formation stays the same, but the trees are different the next time you play the hole :confused: wonder how that works... some holes in the woods were just awesome, and when i played again the lines were all gone :gross:

i've switched to a Premium Wight for putting and (rare :)) upshots and haven't noticed any more spit outs than with the base line. that weak side spits them out, and i've had a lot of very light putts (~20% power) spit out on 10' putts more than full power 10' putts. now i just hit every putt at 100% power and try to hit just right of center.

My hardest shot BY FAR is a lob putt over an obstacle. normally, a 15' putt over a rock (like at #16 at bryant lake) is fairly simple. however i just can't throw slow enough at a high angle to drop one up and over. maybe a used up base putter with no life left would drop in faster... shouldn't have thrown that away. anyway, if anyone has tips on making lob putts, i'd love to hear them. seriously debating just putting like the "simon bass drop" with better chances of landing in, or close

I have a solution for the lob putt. And it is a weird one. Use a base putter that is worn to the point of failure. They drop out of the sky so you can throw them up as a lob and they come down like a brick.

I keep a full worn out putter in my bag at all times.