• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Unchained - VIDEO GAME!

Is it up on IOS yet? I didn't see it.
Apple takes days to approve new apps, so I do t have it yet either :(

DNF!! 888 last place.
This build crashed after finishing the 18th hole, I swear I birdied it.

Yeah wayyy too many trees and no real fairways on the first course ive been playing.
They added a lot more trees to wooded hills because it was too sparse. I think its a tough first biome to start in compared to the other biomes because the lines are low and tight for the beginner noodle arm to drive the pin.

So, I downloaded it and have been playing, but the only thing I can get it to do is play one random hole at a time.... There are courses?

Thanks for posting this Jenga! I too have been testing since the beginning. Love the game and have really enjoyed working with Local Route Labs. We should mention that there is a user guide on localroutelabs.com for anyone having trouble with user controls. Great score on the beach biome. Good luck replicating it once you get the update! (Water is now OB and the drives are considerably longer. ) thanks again!

It still hasn't appeared in the App Store for iPhones. Is it free to install or is it a paid app?

So, I downloaded it and have been playing, but the only thing I can get it to do is play one random hole at a time.... There are courses?

You probably have the flight lab, which is a preview of the game, and generates random holes to play. I have the flight lab on my iPhone from the App Store, but the full game isn't available yet.

that seems to be the way it works... I keep trying to throw it lower as I would a real disc... the game seems to want me to throw it nose up and high...

also, I was throwing a mid almost 400'... then that stopped and I went to a fairway driver... can't quite figure out what the game wants here

Looking forward to it.

I still really enjoy the disc golf on the PS3 sports pack with the PS move. Smooth mechanics and pretty realistic flights IMO.

I agree, the landings aren't as punitive as real golf... discs will actually stick to the sides of canyon walls and stuff... no true roll aways and stuff like that...

but I can putt like a mad man which I like! :D

I agree, the landings aren't as punitive as real golf... discs will actually stick to the sides of canyon walls and stuff... no true roll aways and stuff like that...

but I can putt like a mad man which I like! :D

when I tried to throw some rollers I almost couldn't get back to a normal stance lol.

Game needs some tweaking, adjusting to a hyzer / anhyzer makes the zoom camera way off target and can't see what you're aiming at

Game needs some tweaking, adjusting to a hyzer / anhyzer makes the zoom camera way off target and can't see what you're aiming at

Agreed. Also it will zoom underground if it's an uphill hole. Alpha testing stage so we'll see what the next updates bring!

A Word from the Developer.

TL;DR- Thanks for checking out Disc Golf Unchained! Available on Android, under review on iOS. Game tutorial/instructions can be found at www.localroutelabs.com/unchainedfaq.

Hey everyone!

I saw that we had a little action on this thread, and I thought I would pop in to address a few of the common themes I've seen in the comments. I would like to thank a couple of our testers for getting this thread going and helping out other players with their early questions and concerns. We have a lot going on on both the development and promotion ends, and it's been tough to find the time to reply to all of our feedback. In any event, I'm here now and will be checking up on this thread periodically to answer any questions I see.

First off, we are really excited to finally get Disc Golf Unchained into the hands of all those waiting for a great disc golf game! The alpha release that's currently available on Android is just the first taste of what's to come with the game, and we are working hard to get all the features we (and everyone else) wants to see. Our testers can attest to the fact that we've come a long way in a relatively short period, and we will continue to put in that type of effort to ensure the game is as good as it can be.

As I'm writing, I am noticing that this is getting to be a longer post than I wanted, so I'll just touch on two major things:

1. As of today, the game is only available on Android. We are developing for both Android and iOS at the same time, but Android has a much more streamlined process for releasing apps. iOS requires a review process for every release/update, and it can be a bear at times. I've read up on average review turnarounds (~5 days), but it can take longer. Right now we are at about the average wait time. We are as excited to see the game on Apple devices as you iPhone users are, but please bear with us while we wait for approval.

2. There is a lot to the game, both in features and controls, and we haven't had the time to put together a proper tutorial yet. It is coming, but in the meantime, please check out the comprehensive list of controls I put together at localroutelabs.com/unchainedfaq. Please reference that list if you hear of someone having troubles.

We really appreciate everyone who has tried Unchained out so far. Being an alpha version, this is a great time to submit feedback regarding features/ideas you want to see and any issues you may be having. Feel free to use the Unchained feedback form towards the bottom of the page at localroutelabs.com/unchained.

Many thanks and keep playing!

Tyler- Co-Founder
Local Route Labs

Been playing this, not a bad way to pass the time. However I beat my driver too much and I can't buy a new one. The pro shop only has mids and putters.

Been playing this, not a bad way to pass the time. However I beat my driver too much and I can't buy a new one. The pro shop only has mids and putters.

Played another round, now I have fairways and putters, different molds than before.

The IOS reviews were not that good complaining of too many ads. I loved the game and either they made a change to allow you to skip the ads and be as not frequent, they were just whiners, or they were looking at an older version. I reviewed it with 5 stars as I thought it was a blast. Thanks for the notice about this. The more I played the more discs I had to choose from. Nice idea in that to get me to keep playing. It might be nice to give a screen notification of what new discs arrived in the shop to choose from each time you add some. Anyway, thanks again.

Latest posts