• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golfers on Judge Mathis

DanJon

* Ace Member *
Today while I was getting ready for work, I turned the TV on and it happened to be on Judge Mathis.

The case being presented included two disc golfers.

I did not see what the case involved but I did happen to see one of the "pro" disc golfers names.

Patrick Vitale, and he mentioned that he was the #1 pro in Indiana.

Anyone else see this or happen to know him?

I bet someone is getting sued because of a disc that was found but not returned. :\

LOL #1 Pro in Indiana. But, hey, he won the Indiana states in 2002. Maybe the show was originally aired in '02? lol

I bet someone is getting sued because of a disc that was found but not returned. :\

Or we will finally find out if the Roc is better than the Buzzz.

Don't know the guy personally but i have played in many events he plays in. He is a good player but there are many of the old school guys that shake their head at the Best player in Indiana statement. He mostly plays open masters in this area.

Up to about 2008 Pat was the highest rated player in Indiana (1003 ish). He dropped out of the 2008 Worlds for personal reasons and disappeared from the disc golf scene for almost 3 years.

http://www.pdga.com/player/10100/history

He is back and his game is approaching it's previous heights. I was a couple groups behind Pat when the assault occurred and feel the assault was criminal and uncalled for. Even if he had insulted this guys wife (which he didn't) you don't cold cock a guy that is on one knee and even if he was standing up is probably 10 inches shorter than the aggressor.

Up to about 2008 Pat was the highest rated player in Indiana (1003 ish). He dropped out of the 2008 Worlds for personal reasons and disappeared from the disc golf scene for almost 3 years.

He is back and his game is approaching it's previous heights. I was a couple groups behind Pat when the assault occurred and feel the assault was criminal and uncalled for. Even if he had insulted this guys wife (which he didn't) you don't cold cock a guy that is on one knee and even if he was standing up is probably 10 inches shorter than the aggressor.

Was this during a sanctioned event and does anyone have a link?

Yikes!

I'm the #1 disc golfer in Ripley County, Indiana!

Attachments

• 11045485_10156331296305571_4787537394238324569_n.jpg
    11045485_10156331296305571_4787537394238324569_n.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 94
Sounds like a bad situation but would enjoy seeing this and what was the verdict? Curious if they were wearing jorts and disc golf shirts on the show?

It was on when I got home yesterday and I watched this segment.

Vitale and Cooper were apparently put together for a dub tournament and did not get along well. Vitale claimed Cooper sucker punched him and was suing for $5K for medical bills and pain and suffering. Cooper claims that Vitale insulted his wife to the point where she left crying and was counter-suing for bail money and lost wages. Cooper admitted to walking up to Vitale and punching him in the eye. Cooper also claimed that Vitale was drunk and had some sort of written statement about this. Cooper also called Vitale the "Disc Golf Nazi". Cooper was arrested and spent 10 days in county jail.

No jorts or disc golf apparel.

Judge ruled in Vitale's favor.

Mathis did ask Vitale how one became a Disc Golf Pro and after Vitale explained about tournaments, etc... Mathis said "So you just make yourself a pro" and then told the court everyone of them in attendance was a pro.

Saw a clip of the show on the Disc Golf Feedback Page (Facebook). The defendant looked pretty stupid, using his platform there to deflect negativity from himself by saying Pat is known as "The Disc Golf Nazi" for expecting quiet during tournaments. I've played a few times with Pat (albeit probably more than 15 years ago) and I don't remember anything out of the ordinary in that regard. On the handful of occasions I've met him, he was nice to me.

By the way, I once saw Pat win a putting contest put on by Discraft when they first released the Banger using a stack of only Bangers. (at Kimble Pines Park about 10 years ago or so) I want to say it was maybe 15 of them at 40'? He nailed every one of the putts dead center and pretty quickly too. It was freakishly good. I didn't make half of mine when it was my turn to try, but I'm used to using Birdies.

Judge Mathis...heh. If they had a legit claim they'd be in a municipal or county civil court. Every judgement on these shows go before and non-retired, actively service judge in an active court circulation and are pre-determined before they hit these reality show courts. It's TV drama. Anyone on there is there for money and their 5 seconds of fame.

Latest posts