• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"Disc Pass" trying to see if anyone is interested

FWIW, I'm leaning more towards the honor system rather than a ton of concrete rules. We might get a DB here and there but the potential for variation(which is what makes this fun and interesting) is really hampered when you impose a ton of rules on it.

The main thing to keep in mind here is that the spirit of this exchange is, in a nutshell, FUN. You get to try out some discs, maybe score some schwag you wouldn't normally buy/win..etc, and just enjoy the exchange. If you're expecting/trying to score a sweet disc deal, THIS AIN'T THE PLACE.

If everyone keeps this in mind, the douchebaggery should be kept to a minimum. If you like something, take it and send something else along you think someone might like. No whining if you don't get something you like...you know that going in.

FWIW, I'm leaning more towards the honor system rather than a ton of concrete rules. We might get a DB here and there but the potential for variation(which is what makes this fun and interesting) is really hampered when you impose a ton of rules on it.

The main thing to keep in mind here is that the spirit of this exchange is, in a nutshell, FUN. You get to try out some discs, maybe score some schwag you wouldn't normally buy/win..etc, and just enjoy the exchange. If you're expecting/trying to score a sweet disc deal, THIS AIN'T THE PLACE.

If everyone keeps this in mind, the douchebaggery should be kept to a minimum. If you like something, take it and send something else along you think someone might like. No whining if you don't get something you like...you know that going in.

abso-freekin-lutly!!!!!

I mean I am probably not going to try any of them, just go with what I like and replace with what i dont use normally.

I mean I am probably not going to try any of them, just go with what I like and replace with what i dont use normally.
I feel the same way, just take some that look interesting and get the box on its way to the next golfer.

Also, wouldn't it be sad if there was one disc that got passed every time, never chosen. It would just go on this huge ride across the States. Poor little pity disc.

Is this happening yet? (haven't really read through everything) but I would be down, as would a group of my friends at my side (to give discs, not take).

Ok, This is intruguing, but I have a few problems:

1) Minimum trades. Really? That's your qualification for joining? I haven't bought anything off of anyone here, so I don't qualify. BS.

2) See DGCR Traveling Disc. Sounds great. Works for about a month.

Guess I can't play since I buy all my discs at local merchants rather than from strangers on the internet.

If more people knew you you could still be in. Loki does not have an feedback that I am aware of, but people know him, I would trust him to follow through even though he would probablt fill the box with kids toys.

mom.... dad..... do you still have friends at the FBI.... I have a huge problem.... someone stole my discs.... they're for disc golf.... it's like golf with baskets.... they're kind of like frisbees... the beveled edge makes em different..... some guy from the internet... i know i'm not supposed to talk to strangers but these guys are my friends.... well, not that guy, he's a jerk.... CAN YOU PLEASE GET MY FRISBEES BACK

i'd love to hear that conversation and than the one your parents have with a friend at the FBI.

HaHa I was thinking the same thing. I think this post made me change my mind about participation

Last edited:
Seems like a cool idea. I would hope that the set of discs doesn't escalate like the Secret Santa seemed to...it should stay a mix of normal plastic types so that people can trade through it easily.

Also, wouldn't it be sad if there was one disc that got passed every time, never chosen. It would just go on this huge ride across the States. Poor little pity disc.

Hah, now there's an idea. We could post pics of the black-sheep disc in strange locations like a.travelling gnome. Someone throw in a polecat...

Why not have someone start a "signature pass"...pass a disc around...have everyone who gets it, sign it, and then mail it on...kinda like signing a cast.