• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Peeling

JonCatch

Bogey Member
I've never seen this before and I contacted Discraft, but just wondering if anybody has seen their disc peel like this before?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2013-04-13_08-55-30_265.jpg
    2013-04-13_08-55-30_265.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 379
ESP Bangers Peeled I believe that's why they went OOP. I also have 2 OLD z barstamp buzzes where they are peeling near the rim.

I've never seen this before and I contacted Discraft, but just wondering if anybody has seen their disc peel like this before?

attachment.php

^This is also an old run so im sure DC knows.
Banger_GT_-_Soft_X-Line_Standard.jpg

Latest runs are stamped like this I doubt they peel but they are the softies. Just use it for added grip :).

Its called "cheesing" My HS chemistry professor worked in the plastic industry for years and I asked him about this.

This disc is a month old. Does anyone else find it annoying that their disc looks and feels this bad so quickly?

Delamination. Most likely a bad batch. I would think if you contacted the retailer who sold you the disc, you could get a refund or credit.

I've seen this happen in small areas on Innova Star plastics. Like dime to quarter sized areas. And the discs had quite a few years on them.

Happening that quickly seems like a quality issue or very bad storage of the disc.

Looks like it just got back from a rough week in Tijuana. I hope it is not an antibiotic resistant strain:gross:

SOme Innova plastic did that back in the 90's. Phenix's were really bad, you could peel the whole under side of the flight plate off.

Update:

Discraft has contacted me and is working on sending out a replacement. Hurray for Discraft Customer Service. Faith in humanity: Restored.

Latest posts