• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc sales volume

50 part time employees @ $7HR, 20HR/WEEK = $364,000 a year.

Add in the various costs of employment (payroll taxes, workplace insurance, etc.) at a low end 20%, and you are at $436,800 per year.

You still think DD just broke revenues of 1 million?

I could see disc golf manufacturers running off 5-10% margin after you include property, depreciation, costs of business. Until you go public, low margins are acceptable

50 part time employees @ $7HR, 20HR/WEEK = $364,000 a year.

Add in the various costs of employment (payroll taxes, workplace insurance, etc.) at a low end 20%, and you are at $436,800 per year.

You still think DD just broke revenues of 1 million?

I think his insight is correct but behind by a few years. Maybe in 2010-12 but these new companies like latitude/ws/dd/mvp/axiom i see WAY more out on the course with casual players all over MN (and the country for that matter) vs years before. That excludes all the retail partners and trunk sellers etc who have expanded their shelf space to carry a lotnof those products. Entire storew sell MVP and lat products over seas just like discmania. Times are changing with time like he said he takes....

In previous years it would be nearly impossible to have a DG based business and not carry innova or dc product lines. Thats not quite as true today.

I think people under estimate other equipment/apparel sales too. Huge markup on baskets bags swag whatever compared to plastic.

Last edited:
I think people under estimate other equipment/apparel sales too. Huge markup on baskets bags swag whatever compared to plastic.

I am not entirely sure that the market up on baskets and bags is better than discs. I am fairly confident its not.

From a retail side id rather sell bags and baskets all day but maybe that doesnt translate from manufacturing. I know tooling costs etc are all factored into pricing of discs so maybe just distribution side on those other products isnt as great.

You would be surprised at the numbers. 95% is very accurate - Amazon moves a LOT of discs, as do stores like MC, Dicks, etc.

I wouldn't call myself "big" retail, but I bought over 35,000 discs from Discraft this last year and that may have put me in their top ten...LOL

So by this logic DD's sales are only about 5 times larger then the amount of plastic you bought last year :confused:

id say around 65-75 per box if just 2 rows like shown on those being opened. probably way more though that doesn't seem like enough at all.

Last edited:

Latest posts