• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Storage Containers

russsipe

I have three of Rubbermaid's RoughNeck 4gal. containers that are the perfect size for discs. Unfortunately Rubbermaid has discontinued that product. They still make the 3.5gal container but, of course, it does not work for discs.

Can someone suggest a specific product I can Google that is a good size for disc storage. Thanks in advance.

I use those too. I also run some pipe insulators on the bottom, both sides, keeps the discs from grinding on the bottom of the tub.

If you've got diaper-using housemates, huggies boxes make for pretty good storage. Size 3 (132 ct) and Size 4 (112 ct) are both pretty perfect, with the Size 4 box being slightly longer. I'm making a move and have over 30 discs in the Size 4, with 28 in the Size 3. (Nice mix of mids and drivers in both)

If you've got diaper-using housemates, huggies boxes make for pretty good storage. Size 3 (132 ct) and Size 4 (112 ct) are both pretty perfect, with the Size 4 box being slightly longer. I'm making a move and have over 30 discs in the Size 4, with 28 in the Size 3. (Nice mix of mids and drivers in both)

I can total confirm this as my little buddy is in size 3 right now. I have set aside about four boxes for the future or if any of my friends need them.

There's some strong hate on DGCR for Trotter boxes, which are specifically designed for disc storage. But he's supposedly sold like eleventy billion of them, so someone out there is buying.

(No but seriously, google Trotter Box and check them out.)

I ordered a six-pack of these based on recommendations here and they are sitting at Walmart right now ready for pickup. I'll get over there tonight or tomorrow and let you know how they work. Last weekend alone I acquired 10 new discs from player packs, Funny Money, and a raffle (Including an anthon Shimmer Star Destroyer).

I picked up those Sterilite 20qt ones at Wal Mart earlier this week. Perfect size.
Was 5 bucks for one or a 6 pack for $15, no brainer.

Brother Uses a mid sized 30 quart Rubbermaid or like box for his extra discs he won over the years and what not. I do not, I only have about 5 spare discs. I gave away discs that did not work for me, not keeping them like a number of people do nor do I use discs or discs in that plastic that are not made anymore not having the need to stock up on a mold. If I did, the mold I use that keep wondering if it will go oop is used so little by people that I bet I could find them for a really long time. I would still have about 5 extra just to be safe if it went oop.

I've been using Tidy Cat buckets. Stackable, though not with the discs on edge, so not perfect. Since I'm buying them for the litter, they're "free."

performance-tidy-cat.jpeg

For the extra discs that I carry in my truck I have the bucket on its side so that the discs are on edge, but when I want to move them there is the handle for easy carrying.

is it realistic to find these in your local wal mart or do they normally not stock this item?

is it realistic to find these in your local wal mart or do they normally not stock this item?

You have to click the Walmart link posted earlier to see. They stock singles at our local Walmart but the six packs have to be ordered. I just checked and I see the price went up to $16 for the six pack.

well, it might not be a bad idea to buy one.. and see if that is what I really want. thanks for starting this thread.

I was building containers out of wood. for me, with a fairly functional cabinet/wood shop I can do it. but at the cost of these plastic containers they might be a better buy. my wood and time isn't free. but then again they need to meet certain standards that I have in mind.

or maybe I just need to sell some discs... hold on I have said that too many times.

the Sterilite 20qt from Wal*Marts. Accept no substitutes.

Moving to a place with less storage space, thinking I want to find a solution to store about... 30 discs?

Thinking basically of keeping a full back up of my bag plus a bunch of putters. It's going to be tough getting rid of a bunch of dusty plastic, but I have no collectibles, just throwers, so it will be a matter of deciding what I'm least likely to regret getting rid of.