• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Disc Suggestion???

A less stable putter would be good. A Wizard or Aviar would look right at home
in this bag.

Hey! in before tbird on the Polecat!

I had thrown Polecats a little in the past, and my daughter and dad throw them, but when the Champion Polecats came out, I fell in love straight away. Champs are a lot less glidey than DX or R-Pro, and you are correct that the R-Pro is slightly less overstable than DX or Champ. But the Polecat isn't really understable. If you're looking for an understable lid putter, I'd try the Birdie, Sonic or Putt'r, even though the Putt'r isn't really that lid-like.

Polecats are great for straight upshots, and they do hold great lines. I'd hold one first before you decide to buy. Some people and lids don't get along.

I had thrown Polecats a little in the past, and my daughter and dad throw them, but when the Champion Polecats came out, I fell in love straight away. Champs are a lot less glidey than DX or R-Pro, and you are correct that the R-Pro is slightly less overstable than DX or Champ. But the Polecat isn't really understable. If you're looking for an understable lid putter, I'd try the Birdie, Sonic or Putt'r, even though the Putt'r isn't really that lid-like.

Polecats are great for straight upshots, and they do hold great lines. I'd hold one first before you decide to buy. Some people and lids don't get along.

So I tried putting with my old aviar p&a 150g. I guess my grip and technique has changed a lot since I last used it over a year ago. It felt good and worked well in my backyard putts. But I am missing the bead the rhyno has. How are the beaded aviars?

So I tried putting with my old aviar p&a 150g. I guess my grip and technique has changed a lot since I last used it over a year ago. It felt good and worked well in my backyard putts. But I am missing the bead the rhyno has. How are the beaded aviars?

They are fine, but not as good as a Wizard. It had a nice bead and they typically grip better than the Big bead Aviars.

Hey! in before tbird on the Polecat!...

You were so excited you had to post twice!?!?! :p

I agree with Andy on most of his post. Polecats aren't understable. If you want the most stable in heavy weights, R-Pro would be the best place to start. It's coincidentally the plastic that made me fall for the Polecat. Nice amount of glide with the ability to hit and stick like nobody's business. In heavy weights, DX is quite overstable (for a slow lidlike disc). It also isn't a whole lot glidier than the Champs in my experience.

If you're looking for understable in the lidlike category, I would look at the Sonic for sure. I can't speak to the Putt'r because the rim was never comfortable for me.

In terms of more traditional putters, the Summit would be where I'd spend my money.

Conveniently enough here is a video of some polecat tosses.. If you want a mid I just threw the Salient antidote and its like a meteor/stingray on roids.

Polecat:

Antidote:

Summit is in this video too (3rd disc @~25sec flips way hard in wind)

Just imagine how good they would be with a proper putter?!?!

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Michael Johansen used to putt with Rhyno's when he threw Innova, and he's certainly no slouch. If you're making putts okay, putt with what's comfortable for you.

The Foxbat is a really good disc for a turnover backhand shot, it will hold the anny line almost the entire flight, and the disc will go a very long way without a lot of effort due to the glide. The discraft Glide is also the same way.

Pole cat and birdie are ok, but didn't stay in my bag for long. They are great discs for that tweener shot, too far for a putt but not quite a throw.... I just don't like to carry discs that are a one trick pony for me. They have a nice , slow and floaty flight that's can be nice for touch/out of position/stand still approaches. But I didn't care for the super deep rims for two reasons. I get hung up on them, and it takes the space of 2 lower profile discs in your bag. Could be a bigger issue for u with limited space of a nut sack . My most recent addition fills that same type of shot and then some. Vibram summit. All the same shots as before , I like it off shorter tee box, And it holds up better in the wind. Thinner rim takes less space, flys a little faster, releases clean and it gave my putter the boot. Guys at lower elevation with more power than me might like the ridge or vp better for more stability .

Latest posts