• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Tuning

I am not sure that applies to all discs. I have heard that Aerobies are made to be tuned like that, even their ring that a 5 year old can throw 300ft has instructions on it on how to tune the disc.

It applies to any disc, though you'll get better results with higher end plastic and wider rims. There are long discussions about the legality and usefulness of tuning on both the PDGA and DGR message boards if you're interested.

Thank you mashnut. I will check the pdga forums. I think that tuning while playing shouldn't be allowed. I usually go out for practice in a field and if it feels a bit off I tune them then. DO you happen to have a link to one of the discussions ? I usually search under disc golf disc tuning or disc tuning , but those have limited results.

sounds interesting, but arent many plastics supposed to bend back to original form?

If you watch some of the players that do a lot of tuning, they often tune their discs before each drive. They'll lose their tune after a good tree hit or being squished into a bag I think.

It makes small differences, and unless you do it all the time (and even then) you don't have perfect control over exactly how much you change the stability so you're going to have less predictability than you would just throwing a different mold that you don't screw around with.

I've seen people bend there discs b4 throwin them... I didn't really think it meant much but I guess that makes alot of sense.... I bend them just to see how soft they are but always put them back in shape. I agree, if you want a different flight path then use the disc that's meant to do it ....

Might be fun to fcuk around but not for real throwin or games

Latest posts