• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discatcher Vinyl Wrap

Which course got the new signage?

Ella Sharp. Did the graphic files for free and they covered the cost of the vinyl signs. Was around $11.00 per printed hole sign. The original ones were outsourced to some non disc golf company and listed all distances in Yards. :doh::D

I have been in the graphic industry for around 12 years. I would suggest using a vinyl with air release channels so that anyone could install them without getting a lot of bubbles. I would suggest a vinyl with a more permanent adhesive such as 3M IJ35 it is cheaper than the vehicle wrap vinyl (IJ180). To help with durability I would have the shop that is producing the bands apply a thicker laminate to them. I suggest a floor wrap laminate. If you have experience installing vinyl without bubbles you could always use an inexpensive calendard vinyl with a thick laminate. Good luck to everyone considering doing this. It will look cool no doubt.

Figured I'd pop back in here to show the test run of plain white vinyl on the bands w/ a custom cut 2 color vinyl decal. Turned out pretty good but there's definitely a learning curve to the vinyl. I cut strips 5" wide and 36" long to make it more manageable size wise. 2 strips will cover the band with a little overlap on each end.

The only part I'm not keen on it that you can still see the yellow on the inside of the band as you approach. I took the photo at a height that avoids showing the yellow.

attachment.php

Attachments

• HRDGC Basket test.jpg
    HRDGC Basket test.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 75
Figured I'd pop back in here to show the test run of plain white vinyl on the bands w/ a custom cut 2 color vinyl decal. Turned out pretty good but there's definitely a learning curve to the vinyl. I cut strips 5" wide and 36" long to make it more manageable size wise. 2 strips will cover the band with a little overlap on each end.
:clap: good stuff Crook

The only part I'm not keen on it that you can still see the yellow on the inside of the band as you approach. I took the photo at a height that avoids showing the yellow.
s-l300.jpg

;):D

My thought At InnocentCrook for the basket is get some of the same kind of car vinyl tape or the stuff IndyTyler mentioned for just for the inside of band, I am sure they make blank white you can buy online. The rest of chain holders being painted yellow though need something for it,Bead liner paint/spray is the best option, could get a yellow spray paint if needed to turn those parts back to original color should the need arise and the liner material has not yet peeled.

You could also use plasti-dip so it peels off when you change things. I'm pretty sure they have a white color option.

I think the previous owner did a blaze orange plasti-dip and peeled it off before he sold it to me. There were no decals on it and it still has some orange remnants hanging around in the spokes of the band.

That might be a decent option though.

My thought At InnocentCrook for the basket is get some of the same kind of car vinyl tape or the stuff IndyTyler mentioned for just for the inside of band, I am sure they make blank white you can buy online. The rest of chain holders being painted yellow though need something for it,Bead liner paint/spray is the best option, could get a yellow spray paint if needed to turn those parts back to original color should the need arise and the liner material has not yet peeled.

That's the stuff I used for the outside of the band. Plain blank white vinyl, then added my own 2 color decals.

The inside of the band has about 24 different spokes welded to it which would be extremely tedious to cut around.

Rattle can or plasti-dip will likely win out in the end.

Latest posts