• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discing Down - Thanks!

discgolftravelerron

Bogey Member
A few months ago I traded with a bunch of forum members in order to "disc down". The results have been great as my Beasts and Valks have been traveling further than any of my wraiths.

Thanks everyone for the advice! My question is, will there come a time when my distance will "max out" with my understable drivers?

I say - boy, what disc holds the current distance record?

Everybody hits plateaus with certain discs. Some of them can be broken with improved form/experimenting with release angles and some of them are permanent due to physical limitation.

You may come to a point where you find that throwing an overstable disc on a flex line gets you more distance than hyzer-flipping your understable discs, it really just depends on your style.

A few months ago I traded with a bunch of forum members in order to "disc down". The results have been great as my Beasts and Valks have been traveling further than any of my wraiths.

Thanks everyone for the advice! My question is, will there come a time when my distance will "max out" with my understable drivers?

now try eagles, teebirds, and cyclones :)

More distance will come with improved form. I'm getting my old 9X Eagle out to about 240 feet these days (actual on the course landing in the fairway distance). That's about 60 feet better than a year ago... and I'm not getting younger or stronger.

I toss a beat 150 champ valk 350+ on a good day. RHBH It takes an extreme hyzer release flips flat glides slowly right and sometimes finishes still going right, but I can still keep it from turning and burning into the ground. It's squirrely as hell but still my longest driver. If yours start becoming what you would consider flippy just throw them at an extreme hyzer and you will see that they will not turn and burn.