• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania - CD2

where do the dana's rank on the scale for the rigidity of the plastic? I held off ordering cause all of the swirl stuff from innova/discm has been too soft for my liking.

where do the dana's rank on the scale for the rigidity of the plastic? I held off ordering cause all of the swirl stuff from innova/discm has been too soft for my liking.

I have 2, they are pretty firm, not the stiffest Star I have felt, but not soft and floppy. Flight plate is a bit flexy, but again not super floppy or anything, it's pretty nice plastic. If 10 was super hard stiff star, I would put mine around a 7 probably.

For me they are somewhere between regular star and gstar.

Anyone know how does it compare to luster fd3? It sounds to be very similar in flight compared to L-fd3.

I have a new embossed c line cd2, and it flies amazing. Hyzer flip to flat and it's straight forever. Thrown flat it'll drift a good bit before fading. Great versatility to shape lines.
The roaming thunder, new, is difficult to turn over, and has a good bit more fade. Feels like a PD to me. Waiting for it to season to see how it flies

What?! Mine is WAY less stable than an 8th Run C-PD. Way less stable than an S-Line PD as well.

In fact the Dana S-CD2 is less stable than both my new C-Line CD2 and my worn in 7/10 C-CD2. It's even less stable than a brand new Glow C-Line CD2 and I would put those behind my normal C-Line ones.

So either I got a weird understable one (which I actually love and was hoping for) or you guys are crazy.

How far do you all throw? I throw the CD2 up to about 375. PD about the same.

I accidentally flattened the dome on one of mine and if flew much more understable. Maybe the same thing happened to yours? Othwerwise, they have all been beeeeeefy (for CD2s).

I accidentally flattened the dome on one of mine and if flew much more understable. Maybe the same thing happened to yours? Othwerwise, they have all been beeeeeefy (for CD2s).

You make it sound like they only allowed you one ;)

It was jammed in my mailbox for a day in the 90 degree heat.

I just ordered a Dana CD2 - Hoping it won't be poppy/domey, I like discs flattish - from what I hear they are pretty Stable? So hope that with use it'll be a perfect 9/5/-1/2? idk hope for the best :) I dig any swirly star discs - usually have nicest feel and no flashing

I just ordered a Dana CD2 - Hoping it won't be poppy/domey, I like discs flattish - from what I hear they are pretty Stable? So hope that with use it'll be a perfect 9/5/-1/2? idk hope for the best :) I dig any swirly star discs - usually have nicest feel and no flashing

You throw a Patriot, Teebird, and Firebird...combine characteristics of all three and you'll be happy. Little turn, lots of straight and glide, bit more speed and finish, lots of versatility.

I got this on Saturday and got our for some field work then played a course. The plastic on the DV CD2 is a nice swirly star that has a medium flex, slight dome (mild heartbeat) and more flashing than I ever want :( ---- The feel wasn't the best - I'll be honest at first I was disappointed. I got out to the field and did some work - It was a humid day and a little rainy so I feel the immediate impression may be skewed ---> It flew Stable -Overstable medium glide (not as much as expected) and a fairly strong fade finish. On a power shot flat release it got some turn but it was VERY mild. The fade came a little earlier than expected as well - I felt I wasn't really getting much distance - In comparison My volt flew with more turn , more glide, and more distance on average - Patriot, same thing . It flew like a faster Champ teebird for me - So it wasn't bad just not what I was expecting. I'd give it my flight rating of 9/4/-0.5/2 (with a shortened midflight straight phase) It flew almost like a thunderbird actually - But I can see that when it wears in and gets more use it will fly nice. So I like it, but I feel it overlaps my Volts and my Wrath. No worries tho Its a nice trusty Stable Control driver that can be used for almost anything except turnovers as it was pretty darn stable for me .

Hoping someone can enlighten us on how the stock S-CD2s (released today, not the Roaming Thunders) are flying, possibly with comparisons to the first two swirly runs. It sounds like some are flatter than others as well.

Hoping someone can enlighten us on how the stock S-CD2s (released today, not the Roaming Thunders) are flying, possibly with comparisons to the first two swirly runs. It sounds like some are flatter than others as well.

I have two stock ones on the way. Don't have any of the earlier swirly s lines, just the most recent DV roaming thunder. I'll report back once I get the stock ones in for testing. Hoping they are a little less overstable that the roaming thunders.

Threw the "Roaming Thunder" version this weekend, pretty happy with it so far. A little more dome than the previous swirled star I had, but that didn't affect my grip or the flight too badly. It is on the OS side of CD2's, even after I sanded some flashing off, but not more OS than a new C-line. Overall I'm happy with it.

Also ordered 4 of the new stock run S-lines. Excited to see how those fly.

Overall, great time for S-line CD2 throwers! :thmbup: