• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania DD1

I haven't thrown a grace, but I have buddies who do. Whenever my DD1 gets here, I'll stare and compare. DD1 has same numbers as the old CD3, so not entirely new.

Last edited:
I haven't thrown a grace, but I have buddies who do. Whenever my DD1 gets here, I'll stare and compare. DD1 has same numbers as the old CD3, so not entirely new.

Have a few on the way, I'll get a dd1 to compare once they are sold separately from the mystery box

In some of the videos I've seen the dd1 seems to be more understable than a grace. Could be wrong though

In some of the videos I've seen the dd1 seems to be more understable than a grace. Could be wrong though

Who was throwing it in the videos?

When someone like Simon or Eagle makes them look like a DX Leopard you really have to factor that in.

Depends on the Grace. Sample of one Orbit is considerably more OS than my Royals. Parting line is higher on the Orbit so it probably depends on how they mold up.

If the DD1 is actually the Grace mold.

Here is my review of the DD1

https://youtu.be/mIUDdQZFF7c

I'll admit that the throws with the DD1 weren't the best, but it is slightly more OS than my orbit Grace and has a touch less glide than the Grace. I also included a picture of the different wing shapes in the end part of the video. The DD1 probably shares one piece of the grace mold. Maybe a engineering mold of the grace that didn't get to production?

Here is my review of the DD1

https://youtu.be/mIUDdQZFF7c

I'll admit that the throws with the DD1 weren't the best, but it is slightly more OS than my orbit Grace and has a touch less glide than the Grace. I also included a picture of the different wing shapes in the end part of the video. The DD1 probably shares one piece of the grace mold. Maybe a engineering mold of the grace that didn't get to production?

I saw that vid the other day, thank you! I do everything on a tablet so it's tough to see some of the discs fly, but the video is helpful for sure.

I got mine in the mail today - also received five inches of snow with temperatures dropping into the negatives in the next few days for at least the next two weeks. I get out and throw regardless, but it might be a while before I truly can compare it against my Cloudbreakers, Destroyers, and the Enigma. I will likely be working on 300-350 foot golf lines instead of 400+ open field shots for while, but this is where I am expecting the DD1 to excel, anyway.

So… after throwing the DD1 in a few rounds and unhappy with how overstable it was, I lightly scraped off the oddly angled flashing on the front edge of the bottom wing, and the disc came to life. I haven't messed with my other one yet.

I have two of them - one I purchased after it was dyed, another straight from the Mystery Box. I will have a third coming in another Mystery Box in a week or two.

The one I am throwing is the dyed one - not sure if that it is going to make a huge difference in my review, but in the past, I have noticed an occasional disc will fly differently from a stock version - likely because of something in the dyeing process.

I have not thrown the one from the box yet because, in the last three weeks, we received about 18 inches of snow in total. I ribboned up the dyed disc, but the stock is mostly white with a purple rim. I think I will wait until the snow clears sometime between March and June to give it a shot.

I find the DD1 to be almost exactly like a seasoned Star Wraith: fast but controllable - lateral movement but not over or understable - great controlled distance without having to give everything to the throw, but it is not going to beat any of your bigger distance drivers in the open field.

It is really excelling right now in city park-style courses where distance is still premium, but you need to beat a mature tree or two.

Threw a DD1 for the first time today. S line, 174g. Nice dome. Definitely not flat.

Flies exactly like a DD3, but with a slightly narrower rim. The DD1 is a very obvious Wraith clone. They look and fly almost exactly the same. On hard rips you get a little high speed turn, good glide, and a decent late fade. Max distance with the DD1 was over 400'. This isn't quite a max distance driver for me, but it stretches out pretty well. Very reliable on hyzer or flat lines.

DD1 seems a hair beefier than a Grace, and has more dome. Frankly, I like the DD1 better.

This disc is a no brainer for any Discmania people who like speed 11 drivers that behave like Wraiths.

For me the Dd1 is my favorite forehand disc because it'll flip up and go for a bit. I have two and neither of them are overstable. As far as it flying like a dd3, I can sorta see that but the biggest difference is that a dd3 has a much larger s-turn while the dd1 has a fairly tight s-turn.

Latest posts