• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64 Parent Company Acquires Dynamic Discs

I was all about Westside, but if they hadnt face-planted I would never had discovered discs with less cool stamps that work much better for me.

I dont even know what I would throw from them now. Giants probably.

With the money house of discs has I wonder if they'll start outbidding other companies for players. If MVP can afford to pay Simon 1 mill per year what can house of discs afford?

Or related, any thoughts that DD's touring team decisions last off season were made thinking about when this merger was about to occur, so they could wait until next season when more $$$ might be available.

Maybe now they'll make some Northmen!!!:clap::):|:\

Or Seers, Pines, Sampos, Fury's, Visions, Sinusae, Longbowmen....I think I long forgot the others I used to like to throw. Check out infinite discs selection of Lat 64, DD and Westside. It's comical in the unavailable molds. Opposite of Discraft who has every mold available but in super specialized random AF plastics with someone's name on it.

Innova will win out on this. They offer base plastics and different weights. Discraft and Discopoly are out for me.

Or Seers, Pines, Sampos, Fury's, Visions, Sinusae, Longbowmen....I think I long forgot the others I used to like to throw. Check out infinite discs selection of Lat 64, DD and Westside. It's comical in the unavailable molds. Opposite of Discraft who has every mold available but in super specialized random AF plastics with someone's name on it.

Innova will win out on this. They offer base plastics and different weights. Discraft and Discopoly are out for me.

Bolded is what has really turned me off to Discraft lately. I started out with Innova discs from the Walmart rack (as I expect many around here did), went on to try things out from all sorts of companies,(I wanted to give the competition my business, as I saw Innova as the bully on the block, lol) but have come back to Innova (the factory store, actually). Most anything I need in colors and weights I like, at cheap prices. They don't have a cool stamp? I can live with it.

I liked seeing the "rapid franchise expansion for more disc golf pro shops in the U.S." line from Rusco.
Who else is tired of paying shipping?

Is this really a good business model though?

How sustainable is a rapid expansion?

It can be.

Netflix
Disney+
Apple TV+
HBO Max
Prime Video
Peacock

All have different levels of success/challenges/struggles.

As does does Yum Brands, Starbucks, Restaurant International and Subway.

In reality there's only one way to find out.

I'm glad I didn't jump on the Discraft bandwagon. I admire their marketing around star players, and I'm sure the discs are fine - but looking at it as an outsider, their plastics seem overly specialized and confusing. For example, Discraft calls Z one it's 8 "stock plastic blends." When you shop for a Buzz on the Infinite site, you have the choice of 13 different blends with "Z" in the name (plus 7 more that aren't Z). That alone keeps me from trying them - you've paralyzed me with too many choices

Maybe this marketing plan is genius - betting current customers will keep buying and trying discs in slightly different plastics, always chasing the newest, latest thing. There's no arguing with their success at selling discs. But they seem to have made it a little too complicated to know where to jump in...

OTB just restocked some Classic Blend putters. They're $16ea now?!?!?!

Stock stamp Classic Blend are $12-13 (maybe $13 for the burst ones?)
Handeye/Party Sub stamp are $16
Huklab stamp are $17

The new Classic Supreme Judges are $14

Wizards are all in the $13-14 range, stock KC Aviars $13

Stock stamp Classic Blend are $12-13 (maybe $13 for the burst ones?)
Handeye/Party Sub stamp are $16
Huklab stamp are $17

The new Classic Supreme Judges are $14

Wizards are all in the $13-14 range, stock KC Aviars $13

Huh... I didn't realize the Handeye stamp was a 25(ish)% markup.

Latest posts