• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DISCMANIA - Deep in the Game

Excited to see them. High quality instructional videos are needed.

That's what I thought too when I first read it. Practice is the noun, practise is the verb, from my understanding.

I need practice. I need to practise.

I actually think this is more of a European thing than anything else. Kind of like flavor vs. flavour in the UK.

I thought it was a really great video. I have seen alot of complaining for lack of HD DG vids. This is entertaining and informational. I think someone who is new to DG could watch it and it could help them without confusing them or being boring. Great camera angles. Well done.

Great video - great production quality. Only complaint - would like to have seen something on straddle and jump putts. But there's something to said for KIS - keeping it simple.

I liked the quality and I liked the coverage. The only thing I wasn't expecting was the length. I thought these videos were going to be longer for some reason.

I thought they would be longer too though for some reason. Some info on jump putts would be awesome too! However, great videos. I like Avery and jussi and I am ready for the videos on distance.

Great video, but a bit disappointed that it wasn't longer. And there wasn't enough info from Jussi about tge technigue of the spin putt.

A little over-produced for my taste. If I were making a 7 minute video, I wouldn't include multiple introductions and credit sequences. Was this a project for an aspiring MTV camerman's portfolio? The spinning shots and wide angle lenses were a little over the top. Glad it's in HD though. Is there enough meat to make many people a better putter?

That seems like a lot of money and work for 3 minutes of low level, basic, putting talk.

They praise this installment as "free", will they be expecting people to pay for future installments or something?

you guys are so critical. us golfers will find more in depth stuff. I think it's refreshing seeing that much film effort go into an instructional video. Will be good for dg newbs.

Thought it was great, but really would like more in depth on putting in the wind!!!

i also thought it was kinda shallow. i would have liked to see content on putting in the wind, outside the circle, putting vs. throwing, etc.

That's really all there is to being a great putter

Once you practice enough it all comes down to mental stuff and confidence. You have to learn that on your own.

Yeti said the same stuff to me. Once I fixed my weight shift I became a legit putter. I became more confident knowing I could execute

Proper stance, forward weight shift, and a clean hit. There is nothing else to it

Agreed. For being the most crucial part of the game, the video was missing something. I think maybe a little more technique as to the hit would be more encouraging.

I recant this statement.

I just got back from the practice basket. After watching the video this morning, I changed my stance to be on my toes; changed my grip to be similar to Avery's; and visualized making the putt before each try.

I was draining putts tonight. They weren't long, but they were consistent.

I am sold.

Latest posts