• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania FD3

My local shop has two used color glow fd3. One is about a 7/10 and the other a 6/10. $35 and $25 respectively. Are they undercharging for those?

Hard to say. I bagged a couple of the color glows for a bit. They were the most mellow FD3's even brand new. It would be interesting to see how a 6 or 7/10 flew.

My local shop has two used color glow fd3. One is about a 7/10 and the other a 6/10. $35 and $25 respectively. Are they undercharging for those?

Hard to say. I bagged a couple of the color glows for a bit. They were the most mellow FD3's even brand new. It would be interesting to see how a 6 or 7/10 flew.

New ones are probably $50-60 (I think)

a 6-7/10 probably flies like a CD2 (Ray is correct that the CGFD3 is quite mellow...I just got a Koling Thundy and while fresh and compared to a seasoned CGFD3...the Koling Thundy seems quite a bit more HSS / LSS in comparison)

If you bag FD3s at present and want a single disc (edit: mold) for multiple uses getting the used ones might be a good move

Anxiously waiting for my pair to be delivered!

This guy has. In his video they look a little LESS stable than the c-line I have, but I hope not.

DM probably want to slot in between the Splice and PD? First release of the FD3 molded by DM is cool

European Open Metal Glake FD3s came today. I haven't thrown, but PLH is higher than the last mold. Stiffer than C-line DD3s and PDs. Flat as the original. Wing and depth feel the same.

Attachments

• 3A190DCE-FD0A-43B9-BD2F-6F08EC9AB152.jpg
    3A190DCE-FD0A-43B9-BD2F-6F08EC9AB152.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 035D0A52-CF80-4385-86C7-43F7FDB76845.jpg
    035D0A52-CF80-4385-86C7-43F7FDB76845.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 5972159E-1D7A-420F-AF53-D058C593E0DE.jpg
    5972159E-1D7A-420F-AF53-D058C593E0DE.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 48
I have FD3s in old Innova C-line, new italian C-line and italian metal flake C-line.

Innova C-line is the most stable one, italian C-line is very similar but MF C-line is not as stable as the other two. MF holds flex lines longer. MF plastic is stiffer than new C-line.

I have FD3s in old Innova C-line, new italian C-line and italian metal flake C-line.

Innova C-line is the most stable one, italian C-line is very similar but MF C-line is not as stable as the other two. MF holds flex lines longer. MF plastic is stiffer than new C-line.

You have a new (Italian) C-Line FD3? Is it a proto? You have connections!

I still haven't thrown mine. First throw just might be at Idlewild on vacation!

How do they compare to an average c-line PD? I've never tried an FD3 because it was easy to find real beefy PDs for that slot and I always assumed that a beefy PD is what they would fly like.

You have a new (Italian) C-Line FD3? Is it a proto? You have connections!

I still haven't thrown mine. First throw just might be at Idlewild on vacation!

European Amateur Open player package contained a new italian C-line FD3 with golden European Open stamp.

Also Meresmaa was really generous this week and personally gave away some unreleased discs. ;)

Last edited:
How do they compare to an average c-line PD? I've never tried an FD3 because it was easy to find real beefy PDs for that slot and I always assumed that a beefy PD is what they would fly like.

Pretty established here but the PD is to the FD3 as the Thunderbird is to the Sexton Firebird. I'll add one caveat there are some very OS Thunderbirds out there that are pretty close to a Sexton FB.

For me in my limited experience with the 1 PD that I own is that it has more glide and less dump than the 3 different FD3's I've owned. Both can show some turn thrown hard especially FH but the PD shows more turn and less dump. I'm sure you could find a super OS PD that behaves similar to an FD3 but on average there is a noticeable gap.

All the DM mfd PD's that I've thrown have been close in stability.

I have one of those Innova mfd PD's that is very overstable and it doesn't glide much at all for me.
I'd rather throw my old color-glow Discmaniac FD3.

European Open Metal Glake FD3s came today. I haven't thrown, but PLH is higher than the last mold. Stiffer than C-line DD3s and PDs. Flat as the original. Wing and depth feel the same.

Mine finally came in. I got a white and a blue. The blue is ultra flat with the highest PLH I've seen on an FD3. The white has the same PLH as my Innova produced C-lines. I only tested the white and agree that it's less overstable than the C-lines, but a bit more overstable than the discmaniac color glow I have. My color glow has seen some use so they may beat in to be about the same in the end.

I imagine the flat blue one is a freak but don't have another blue to compare it to. With my power I can tell that it's more overstability than I need with my lack of power.

All the DM mfd PD's that I've thrown have been close in stability.

I have one of those Innova mfd PD's that is very overstable and it doesn't glide much at all for me.
I'd rather throw my old color-glow Discmaniac FD3.

Im only familiar with the DM innova, lat 64 and yikun manufactured discs...which ones are you talking about?

The PDs mfd in Sweden by DM have been fairly consistent in my limited experience.
The PDs mfd in California by Innova have been all over the place in stability.
My most overstable PD by Innova doesn't glide much for me. I'd rather throw my color glow, Discmaniac FD3 for that slot.
Sorry for the confusion.

How far away from the Splice do you think these new ones are?

I think the FD3 tends to be flatter/lower profile than PDs making it better for FH. PD also has a more penetrating fade instead of a low glide/dump for the FD3 so the ground action is different.

The PDs mfd in Sweden by DM have been fairly consistent in my limited experience.
The PDs mfd in California by Innova have been all over the place in stability.
My most overstable PD by Innova doesn't glide much for me. I'd rather throw my color glow, Discmaniac FD3 for that slot.
Sorry for the confusion.
Guess we shall see if DM can source quality pellets and produce consistently over multiple runs. Seems they are running bigger batches with their dedicated machine(s) so consistency should be good within runs. Still unknown what each of these new DM molds will look like in S-line/special blends. At some point I hope they drop the 'Italian' from the naming...