• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania is no different than Ticketmaster

I agree with the OP about the annoyance of the collector market. Not because I care about these discs, but it impacts the whole used market. The open market consumer is just dumb to pay these prices.

There really isn't anything special about any disc, except the 11x Teebird. (Unfortunately) no one has been able to replicate that masterpiece! But, I digress. I refuse to "be the highest bidder" on anything over $25.

..plus, I think most seller have their friends go in and bump the price.

...stupid disc golf, getting all popular.
[kicks dirt, walks away]

The ol shill bidder. Yep it's a nice trick.

I know it's been asked already, but seriously, can anyone explain why there's all this hype around a DD3 with a new name & stamp? The swirly plastic is nothing new, and the stamp isn't anything special. Why are people paying insane prices? It's basically a Destroyer with a bird on it.

I didn't really care about the DD3 until you put it like that. A Destroyer with a bird on it sounds pretty sweet.

If DM increases the price for the Cloudbreakers closer to what the market dictates, how would this impact Local Brick & Mortar dealers?

They should just make more of them. The demand is due to perceived scarcity.

They aren't a disc manufacturer though...

We have no idea how much priority Innova and Lat 64 give them. Since they are leaving money on the table by not producing enough discs, I am inclined to believe they are getting as many discs made as Innova and Lat 64 allow.

They aren't a disc manufacturer though...

We have no idea how much priority Innova and Lat 64 give them. Since they are leaving money on the table by not producing enough discs, I am inclined to believe they are getting as many discs made as Innova and Lat 64 allow.
Eagle did a Q&A on Instagram yesterday and said they aren't restocking the Cloud Breaker 2.

What's the issue? I mean who cares what a disc is priced? You either buy it or you don't.

There are cars made in low production numbers that bring high prices.
There are cars that are no longer in production that bring high prices.
The ONLY reason the prices are high is that someone is willing to pay it.

Same with discs....it the disc is really important to you, pay the price. I personally don't see any disc being worth over $25. But I also don't 'collect' discs. If I buy a disc, I plan on throwing it (and possibly losing it).

If I have something I want to sell (a car, whatever), I set the price I want for it....if I get it, good for me. If the buyer resells it for more....good for them. Likewise, disc makers set a price that they want for the disc....then whomever buys it...they set the price they want for the disc....it someone buys it for that or more, good for them.

I know "everyone" wants every disc at low cost....but it is called "supply and demand" for a reason. And as others have pointed out, the level of supply isn't always controlled by the seller....some disc companies discs are actually made by other companies.

Or you sell to retail stores like DG United, Playit Again Sports, Marshall Street, etc where they don't jack the prices through the roof.

Stores do this, so I'm not sure what you are getting at?

Look at the beer, whisk(e)y, Scotch, etc. worlds. People were buying up the limited stuff by the grip then reselling it. They started limiting markets and pissed even more people off. They then started limiting at the store level to the customer, people were still mad because it was still sold out. They started producing more, people stopped buying it. The stores during all of this jacked prices up forcing the gray market (technically black market since it's illegal to sell alcohol without a license...) to make little to nothing off of reselling it.

I don't think your idea will work since it never has in the past. Don't want to pay that much for something? Don't buy it. Or miss some birthdays standing in line for the release. It's your panties. I actually like the way it is now. It gives everyone an opportunity. I'd rather buy from the manufacturer/storefront anyway.