• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Lite Basket

DinosaurThunder

Double Eagle Member
Out of all the releases Discmania has done, I am most excited for this one! For $109 you can't go wrong for a practice basket!

http://www.discmania.net/2014/12/05/introducing-the-discmania-lite-basket/http://

Looking forward to spring 2015 :thmbup:

From Discmania:

New effective chain setup

Countless hours of testing with various different putting styles showed that for this type of basket, setting the chains in two rows is not the best way to go. The chain configuration in our LITE Basket works both vertical and horizontal, allowing lighter chain to be used to allow both lighter overall weight and improved catching ability. This chain configuration also prevents the discs to slide through the chains, reducing the number of unfair spit-outs.
Lightweight & Collapsible

One of the key aspects of the new LITE Basket is its light weight. Weighing only 8 kilograms (17,6lbs), this basket is easy to take with you wherever you want set up your dream course or start a practice putting session. The LITE Basket is also easy to bring along on trips, as when collapsed, it can easily fit to the trunk of just about every car out there.
Easy To Assemble

The LITE Basket is offered with a neat-looking sales package that can be saved for storing the basket when it's not use. Assembling the basket takes only a couple of minutes and no tools are required.
Affordable

The manufacturer suggested retail price of the LITE Basket will set at $109 in the US and 79€ in Europe. Compared to all other full metal practice baskets in the market, this one is a bargain!

We strongly believe that the Discmania LITE Basket will set a new standard for lightweight practice baskets. It gives you the realistic putting experience with affordable price. We've minimized the amount of spit outs with the new inventive chain configuration, so you could have the most realistic results for your putting session. Now you can only blame yourself for the unsuccessful putts. Try it out, we bet you'll love it!

The chains look really thin, but it looks like the horizontal chains compensate really well for the lighter weight. It also looks like this basket screws together instead of using pins like a lot of the newer baskets I've seen. Has anyone had any problems with these screw connectors? It just seems like more work than pins and potentially less durable (if the bolts are welded in and the basket gets moved while assembled).

lite_basket_article.jpg

i'm getting page not found, does it say when they go on sale or just spring 2015

The horizontal chains probably will help with cut-throughs, but I'm thinking you'll see a lot of bounce-outs back off the post. I could be wrong though.
But, at that price point, I'm not sure you can complain too much. I'd be pretty interested to hear how these catch when people start using them.

Looks like a good basket for the price point.

I do not like those paper clips they're using for the chains though. I also don't like how it looks like you hang each chain from a slanted hook. If you move your basket around much or brake it down to travel that is going to get annoying.

I would rather them use heavier chains that lock in and charge a bit more but again at that price point you're very competitive for what it is.

cheaper and better than the skillshot. this might be the new go to for cheapie practice baskets. a notch above those insteps and way better than fabric baskets

I'm anxious to hear reviews from users. I think it looks great if they hold up. I like my Discatcher Sport a lot, but something lighter would be nice for carrying around the yard.

It's very light and catches surprisingly well. I was a little turned off initially from the looks like some of y'all...but 30 minutes into putting on it is all it took to convince me that it's really a great little piece.

The price point is awesome too.

It's very light and catches surprisingly well. I was a little turned off initially from the looks like some of y'all...but 30 minutes into putting on it is all it took to convince me that it's really a great little piece.

The price point is awesome too.

Looks good very good overall, especially for the price point. I'm not hung up on chains on a practice basket as a bad spit out in practice is no big deal - I know if it hit where I wanted or not.

My only concern is long term durability. Granted - it sure looks like it'll be better than anything else in the price range there as well. Call me a skeptic, but it seems to good to be true.

If I didn't already have an M-14 I'd buy one of these right quick. Can't beat the price. Like others said, though, I'm not too concerned about spit-spit-outs on a practice basket. Now if this is foreshadowing for an Innova or Discmania course basket redesign... :popcorn:

I had the previous version of this... Faith Power or some such asian POS... this looks to be 1:1 improved version of it. If if prevents slip throughs (#1 gripe about the Faith power basket) and the weld points do not break (#2 gripe) then at that price this is a winner! I would get one if I didnt have Discatchers at the school course just 5mins away by bicycle.

Discmania....you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

leonardo-dicaprio-django-unchained.jpg

I always wonder why heavy duty permanent baskets don't have cross chains like that. Cut through putts are the worst part of disc golf. Watching Brinster get continually screwed at the one round of worlds was brutal.

^ I agree. Odd that it hasn't become standard already. Seems like a no-brainer.

Looks like Europe will get their hand on these starting tomorrow! Hopefully we can get someone to come on here and post a review while we wait patiently for spring! :thmbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 112