• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Great Lakes Open - May 31st - June 2nd

Unfortunately, only a few people saw this, but Double G's drive on #3 on Saturday was jaw-dropping, to say the least. He crushed his drive at least 850 down the fairway and landed it up on the hill top of the hill near the basket. Sorry that it's a low-quality video from my phone, but it's better than nothing.

http://youtu.be/sPn9aoLSbEs

Sorry, I don't know how to embed the video.

that's sick!

For an outburst like the one that I heard from my position on hole # 6, I think the player should have gotten disqualified. This wasn't merely a few F bombs, but a tirade of cursing. This is not how a player should conduct themselves at ANY tournament.

It was definitely over the top. This particular instance was during the final round on Sunday. It was also quite a tirade, but it wasn't Nikko or Feldberg if that helps any.

It was definitely over the top. This particular instance was during the final round on Sunday. It was also quite a tirade, but it wasn't Nikko or Feldberg if that helps any.
Is there a reason to keep the person anonymous? It's inconsequential to 99% of us just chilling here reading the forums, but keeping the info out of the public is like 1984 Orwellian conspiracy crap :D

Is there a reason to keep the person anonymous? It's inconsequential to 99% of us just chilling here reading the forums, but keeping the info out of the public is like 1984 Orwellian conspiracy crap :D

Fair enough. Devan Owens.

Fair enough. Devan Owens.
Devan Owens just made my LIST :mad: Grrrrr... :p

That does give enough context to help everyone understand why he freaked out, though.

Wysocki: 154
Gurthie: 163
Owens/Schusterick: 164

that's sick!

I didn't see it but I heard about it. I think I heard Sarah Hokum bombed one on that hole too.....

on a different note I need a lot more practice because they just make it look like they're putting so little effort into the throws and they go so far. I know it just looks that way though...

I don't know if it really was a tirade but he did yell a couple curse words pretty loud. I was about ten feet away from him and wasnt really surprised by it.

I was probably standing right next to you, lol. Profanity doesn't bother me at all, it just caught me by surprise. I suppose its different when your livelihood is dependent on your performance. Maybe not quite a tirade so to speak, but one was enough to display his frustration.

I was probably standing right next to you, lol. Profanity doesn't bother me at all, it just caught me by surprise. I suppose its different when your livelihood is dependent on your performance. Maybe not quite a tirade so to speak, but one was enough to display his frustration.
Exactly. It takes a special person to 'lose it' around complete strangers.

I don't know if it really was a tirade but he did yell a couple curse words pretty loud. I was about ten feet away from him and wasnt really surprised by it.

The incident I am talking about happened on Friday. From my spot I heard someone yell, "F*** this hole! F*** this course!" The F bombs continued for another thirty seconds or so. I was told who the golfer was, but since I didn't witness it myself I'm not naming names.

Slight change of topic, how long does it take the PDGA to update the prize winnings for a tournament? I'm curious to see the breakdown.

Slight change of topic, how long does it take the PDGA to update the prize winnings for a tournament? I'm curious to see the breakdown.

PDGA doesn't update it till it goes official. A TD can opt to add the $ in when they upload unofficial results.

Look at the women! That's so bad....Des finished 5th in a world class field of 14 and gets $125??!?

I applaud this event for a ton of extra cash, but it wasn't applied correctly at all....

Look at the women! That's so bad....Des finished 5th in a world class field of 14 and gets $125??!?

I applaud this event for a ton of extra cash, but it wasn't applied correctly at all....
I agree with your posts on first glance.

Though, I don't understand your expectations for disc golfers "making a living" off of disc golf payouts and how added cash should be applied to the field and different divisions. I think this deserves a thread split, to be honest.

NTs have payout rules and it looks like they were followed for the Open & Masters. However, it looks like they tweaked it for the Women and GMs so first would get $1000. The official payout table has second place getting 60% of first place so you can see they hedged on the Women and GMs. I know MTL has said (and I agree) that the pros now prefer flatter payouts because they many times "flattened" them anyway after the event by leveling out the money amongst themselves as travelers, especially when sponsored by the same company.

Latest posts