• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Surge

I've seen more Wraiths on the course lately, more Discraft too, but I think the McBeth effect has scattered some of the Destroyer throwers. Obviously sponsored pros wouldn't ditch the Destroyer for a Surge.

lol

They should be scattered. Most of those turkeys are not throwing Destroyers at their intended potential. If they've moved onto Zueses than blah. They should be throwing Thunderbirds or Predators instead.

A little bird told me there might just be a small custom run of swirly ESP Surges coming this year. No idea when, but I'm buying 20.

A little bird told me there might just be a small custom run of swirly ESP Surges coming this year. No idea when, but I'm buying 20.

I don't know if these were the ones you mentioned, but Infinite has 75 pretty ESP Surges, all in that 170g and heavier range. They may have dropped a while ago, but I missed them.

It seems like Infinite orders these runs often. They hooked me with the ESP Banger GT at some point, and a Luster Champ Leopard3 another time. Does anyone know if there's rhyme or reason to this? Is someone at Infinite just trying to benefit off of our desire for an ESP Surge?

I don't know if these were the ones you mentioned, but Infinite has 75 pretty ESP Surges, all in that 170g and heavier range. They may have dropped a while ago, but I missed them.

It seems like Infinite orders these runs often. They hooked me with the ESP Banger GT at some point, and a Luster Champ Leopard3 another time. Does anyone know if there's rhyme or reason to this? Is someone at Infinite just trying to benefit off of our desire for an ESP Surge?

Yeah, these were what I was talking about. I bought 10 right when they came out. They fly real nice. Teals and yellows are the least stable but ymmv.

Discraft will run you just about anything you want if you order 500+ of them. Don't know about any other manufacturers limits on customs runs or if they do it at all.

Yeah, these were what I was talking about. I bought 10 right when they came out. They fly real nice. Teals and yellows are the least stable but ymmv.

You're making me curious. How far do you throw them. Do you mean they're relatively flippy Surges, or that it's a good amount of turn?

I generally like beefy Surges, but certainly wouldn't want to sacrifice the glide and awesome forward fade.

You're making me curious. How far do you throw them. Do you mean they're relatively flippy Surges, or that it's a good amount of turn?

I generally like beefy Surges, but certainly wouldn't want to sacrifice the glide and awesome forward fade.

Golf lines are 360ish. These new run Surges fly just like the Surge of yore. Little hyzer, flat then a touch of turn and a forward fade. If you prefer "overstable" Surges, look for the pink/red ones. Those are the most stable in my testing.

Golf lines are 360ish. These new run Surges fly just like the Surge of yore. Little hyzer, flat then a touch of turn and a forward fade. If you prefer "overstable" Surges, look for the pink/red ones. Those are the most stable in my testing.

The Surge is so underrated. I bag one just like you describe here. A hard throw will turn it over, but usually in a controlled manner. I find the Surge to work well for fairly long drives that I want to gradually bend right and stay there. No harsh late fade.

If I really get into a Surge I can touch 400' with it. I've always preferred Surges to Wraiths. They're very slightly less stable than Wraiths, and seem to have more glide. Wraiths definitely work better when want more late fade though.

I leaning back in the direction of throwing surges again this year. Got some practice in this weekend, and wide rimmed discs just felt weird. TBD when stay at home order is lifted and courses open back up. I used the surge a lot years ago

Something about those Surges is special. Over the past couple seasons it does seem like a decent number of Innova pros started going back to the Wraith, so it wouldn't be surprising to see a Surge resurgence.

For me, the Surge has a very particular spot in my bag. I don't throw it a lot, but I always keep one in my bag so it's there when I need it. I also have one of those Cryztal Sparkle Surges from 4 years ago or so that flies great but I'm trying not to get too used to it because I'm not sure I'll be able to find a replacement.

Something about those Surges is special. Over the past couple seasons it does seem like a decent number of Innova pros started going back to the Wraith, so it wouldn't be surprising to see a Surge resurgence.

For me, the Surge has a very particular spot in my bag. I don't throw it a lot, but I always keep one in my bag so it's there when I need it. I also have one of those Cryztal Sparkle Surges from 4 years ago or so that flies great but I'm trying not to get too used to it because I'm not sure I'll be able to find a replacement.

I've thrown a cryztal sparkle Surge. It was pretty beefy. Still a good flight, but it reminded me more of a Wraith. Harder to turn over and more late fade than a normal Surge.

Hey I think I saw infinite discs selling that run last week. Or maybe that's the different lettering, kinda like the "sweet and simple" comet run from last year

I bag anywhere from 3 to 5 surges at any given time depending on the course. Only got one of the new Infinite run, but it seems to fit right in the middle of the ones in my bag, so it'll probably find a spot in the lineup as soon as I get back on the course.

Hey I think I saw infinite discs selling that run last week. Or maybe that's the different lettering, kinda like the "sweet and simple" comet run from last year

Yup, that was the run he was talking about. Also there was a post by an infinite employee over in the disc market? thread where he mentioned it. They look good to me but I haven't convinced myself to get one (or a few) yet.

Yeah I still have one dyed shaky Z it's called "apocalypse" but it's more like sunflower dark brown and red on a yellow Surge.. Back when I was ThrowaSurge I think I still have my blue esp Nate doss era one too.

Really? You missed a golden opportunity to say it as a reSurgence.

Latest posts