• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft thinning the heard

Generally, I think Discraft is smart to be thinning the herd. A disc company that offers more than 2-3 options in the same category makes me feels like its just pumping junk out there to get me to buy one.

But tough news on the Hornet, which is a very cool disc. Most overstable mids and putters I have thrown do not match the Hornet in ability to hold a nice long straight line and then finish left every time.

Even so, the Hornet was basically on the outside of my bag looking in. A zone goes almost as far (with more effort), but does not finish as hard left and does not skip. It handles the spike upshots and short flicks and flex shots equally well. A stable driver will give you hard left finish on a short enough shot - but you have to deal with the skip. So I was already waffling on carrying a Hornet or maybe a Predator that could go further than the Zone and also help out with driving on really windy days.

I would like to see Discraft come up with an overstable speed 6 hybrid mid/fairway in z and z-flx - something that finishes hard left but is not as high speed stable as firebirds and justices.
they got rid of them in 07 when the cut the x2, xtra, and xtreme.

With the release of the new Machete should I be worried about the Predator going OOP.:|

Nope! The Machete was a variant of the Crush. Since the crush is gone and predator is not, you really have nothing to worry about. Plus, the Machete is a much different disc than a predator. Years ago, Discraft tried to make the crush more OS by molding it in a harder, flatter Z plastic. The new Machete is a blank slate as opposed to messing with the crush even more.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I clicked on it the thread. Glad I'm not the only one :)

In reference to Discraft thinning the herd, I was bummed to see the Avenger being phased out. But after spending some time with the Undertaker my sorrows faded away! Seriously love that Undertaker mold... keep up the good work Discraft!

LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I clicked on it the thread. Glad I'm not the only one :)

In reference to Discraft thinning the herd, I was bummed to see the Avenger being phased out. But after spending some time with the Undertaker my sorrows faded away! Seriously love that Undertaker mold... keep up the good work Discraft!

At least you didn't create the damn thread!:)

The Crush was a sweet disc. I had a nice one worn in Z plastic, flew amazing. Damn I miss that disc.

It was my goto OS mold for a minute. Flash and wildcat for those boom hyzerflips. XS/XL in the mix! And a buzzz duh. Ill never forget my first skip off the topmog a basket with the crush. So close but a flick took the first ace of course on a flick.

Latest posts