• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Discraft Tracker Review Anyone?

dmruppert

I'm looking at getting a tracker, but I already have a stalker and I don't know if I really need it. Anyone have any experience with this disc or know how it compares to a stalker or other discs?

I used both. The tracker flies pretty straight like a stalker, but much more hyzer at the end. It is a nice complement to the stalker when you have a headwind, or need more fade at the end. It would be worth it to try out.

the tracker will be much faster and more overstable than the stalker. i would compare it to a slightly juiced teebird. there is definitely room to be carrying both tracker and stalker.

It depends on whether you're asking about the awesome ESP Trackers, the less cool Z Trackers, or the X Trackers.

ESP Tracker = dead straight with reliable fade at end. I LOVE ESP Trackers for what they are - exceptionally reliable in their straightness, and very easy to keep low. I have three ESP's, and they are all exactly the same. It's the most reliable disc in my bad when I need accuracy and low line. Sure, it is like a beefier beat Teebird, but with less glide. Maybe more like a flat Striker. You can really lay into it and know that it won't stray much from the line. It is NOTHING like a Stalker...not even close. When I toss for 300-330 of distance, it will hold a frozen rope and fade only at the end. That same power might send a Teebird 350+, and would certainly send a Stalker who knows where.

Z Tracker = quite a bit domier, and a very different disc. I love ESP Trackers, but can't stand Z Trackers. It is everything that the ESP is not....it is floaty, s curvy, not straight, and not as reliable. More understable. Maybe like a domey Teebird with less glide.

X Tracker = the one I've tried has been similar to the ESP, but I've only thrown one a couple of times.

It depends on whether you're asking about the awesome ESP Trackers, the less cool Z Trackers, or the X Trackers.

ESP Tracker = dead straight with reliable fade at end. I LOVE ESP Trackers for what they are - exceptionally reliable in their straightness, and very easy to keep low. I have three ESP's, and they are all exactly the same. It's the most reliable disc in my bad when I need accuracy and low line. Sure, it is like a beefier beat Teebird, but with less glide. Maybe more like a flat Striker. You can really lay into it and know that it won't stray much from the line. It is NOTHING like a Stalker...not even close. When I toss for 300-330 of distance, it will hold a frozen rope and fade only at the end. That same power might send a Teebird 350+, and would certainly send a Stalker who knows where.

Z Tracker = quite a bit domier, and a very different disc. I love ESP Trackers, but can't stand Z Trackers. It is everything that the ESP is not....it is floaty, s curvy, not straight, and not as reliable. More understable. Maybe like a domey Teebird with less glide.

X Tracker = the one I've tried has been similar to the ESP, but I've only thrown one a couple of times.

This is opposite of my expierence.

discrafts fairway drivers suck, get a teebird or eagle-x. Brand loyalty is stupid unless you are sponsored, discrafts standouts are preds and buzz's, not fairway drivers.

I've found the first run Z Players cup trackers were the most consistent, farthest flying, and longest lasting of all the trackers you may obtain, but I've never thrown a tracker I didn't like for one reason or another, It's a great disc.
It's probably the most like a teebird to date from discraft, hopefully they will fill that much need gap of teebird relativity.

Trackers vary a **** ton. If you can find the right ones they are nice but they are still no teebird. Why waste your time trying to find a good tracker when you could just go buy any teebird off the shelf and have what you want with no problems? Stalkers are equally as inconsistent and I think they are a bad disc go begin with even if you can get a good one. I never understood the point of a disc that goes as far as a mid, but you lose the control of a mid. I swear they made it for people that can't throw mids because of bad form but need something to go as far as a mid would.

We were just talking about the Stalker and Tracker last night at glow. Basically just saying it is so hard for a new fairway driver to break into the market that has so many good choices of discs that have similar flight characteristics. There are the old standbys of Cyclone, XL, Teebird, TL, Leopard which have been around for a long time. I personally throw a CE Leopard (going on 10 years now) and that bridges the gap for me between Buzzz and Avenger. I've always wanted to find a Discraft disc to replace my Leopard but the Tracker and Stalker (and XL) just don't have that combo of feel and flight that makes throwing a CE Leopard so much fun. Lucky for me I have a reserve stock.

Trackers vary a **** ton. If you can find the right ones they are nice but they are still no teebird. Why waste your time trying to find a good tracker when you could just go buy any teebird off the shelf and have what you want with no problems? Stalkers are equally as inconsistent and I think they are a bad disc go begin with even if you can get a good one. I never understood the point of a disc that goes as far as a mid, but you lose the control of a mid. I swear they made it for people that can't throw mids because of bad form but need something to go as far as a mid would.

You're assuming it's Discraft's fault you can't throw a Stalker farther than a mid??

The Z Buzzz is all the fairway driver I keep in my bag most rounds. 300'+ on a frozen rope is more than most shots require.

Funny. My Tracker is a dependable 320-350, dead straight. I can push my Buzzz out to 280ish - anything more and I lose the dead straight flight. So, unlike the poster above it is clearly more than a mid for me. For me, I use it for shots that I can't reach with my Buzzz. It's not my open field max driver, for sure, but is longer than a Buzzz, with the same control. For tunnels or narrow corridor fairways, this is my fairway driver of choice. (it's more like a beat TL that is resistant to turning over)

I really like the Tracker. My fairway setup is an Opto Trident, ESP tracker, and Opto River. I've found that with these three discs I have most of my shot covered. I like the ESP Tracker a little better than the Z tracker b/c it's a little less stable for me. A workable disc with a predictible finish. The Z was straight then fade, until I beat it in right, but that took a very long time. I've been finding myself reaching for my tracker more and more, since I'm doing a little form clean-up. It has really transferred well from throwing my wasp to throwing my tracker. The River/Buzzz combo is great, and the Trident/drone combo is nice as well.

My ESP's are all flat tops...maybe that's the difference? I've seen domey ESP's, but never thrown them.

I think it all depends on the flatness of the disc. I've had a Z tracker that flew just like my slightly domey ESP one. IMO it's more like a beefier Eagle than teebird. They are straight with predictable fade, and good in the wind.

discrafts fairway drivers suck, get a teebird or eagle-x. Brand loyalty is stupid unless you are sponsored, discrafts standouts are preds and buzz's, not fairway drivers.

Cyclone?
Avenger?
XL?
Wildcat?

Between tracker and teebird/eagle I'd still choose the Innova ones, even though I like discraft better. However, I throw Avengers rather than teebird/eagle.

I dont consider an avenger or wildcat a fairway driver, but do think the avenger is a great disc. XL's are to flippy to be a workhorse fairway driver, and a cyclone is not an eagle.

Latest posts