• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] DISCRAFT Z EXTREME is back!

hmmmmmm perhaps this new run is not as overstable? I've always heard the old Z ones were incredibly overstable... the stuff of legend.

That may be the case. I have a couple of the old Z Xtremes at 174 and they are ludicrously overstable. I threw one on a slight hyzer yesterday and it landed right at vertical by the time it hit the ground. I've also thrown some of the old X Xtremes and they were slightly less stable. In fact, I almost prefer their flight, but they wore in way too fast. If this new run is slightly less stable, that might not be the worst thing, as the Z plastic has remained unchanged in flight characteristics in almost a year of usage; I'm interested.

I can't be without the Xtreme!

I don't have a big arm but I find this disc invaluable for 100-200 foot hook shots. There is nothing else on the market that will hook hard and quickly like the Xtreme. I especially like it for forehand throws. It always comes back even thrown with an anhyzer angle.
It is also great for spike hyzers and forehand rollers. In fact I can't get any other disc to stay straight for a long distance on forehand rollers like the Xtreme.
I bought 6 of these because I never want to be without one!

So this should fit in right about...Zone, Gator, Drone, HERE, Predator?

Sounds about right as far as overstable discs go.

A Zone is more overstable than a Drone? I think not.

A Gator is more overstable than a Drone? I think not.

ninjaEDIT: if I read your order of stability wrong, I would also say a Drone is more overstable than a Predator (I'm not sure which side you have being most overstable, now that I reread my post)

I'll throw one of these new Z Xtremes if one of my buddies scoops one up, otherwise my Drones will more than suffice.

I'd say that Zones are more overstable than Gators too. My only experience with Gators is the second run glows though...

Maybe it is a speed ranked list.

Alright, here is a REAL Z-Xtreme story...

I was playing @ tourney in St. Joseph, MN... having a rough start. Couldn't find a par to save my life, and was going bogey, bird, bogey, bird, bogey up until this hole. Step up and fight back the roller coaster of emotions I'm processing from being all over the place. Step up with my trusty, tried and true Z-Xtreme. Dependability in plastic form.

Hole plays downhill (Hole 11 @ Millstream). It's super windy. I throw a spike-hyer. PARKED. Don't have to putt. Very excited. Head down the hill to go putt...and i hear these soft squeeks by my disc. I look down, and lo and behold: 4 tiny baby mice, not even old enough to open their eyes are under the thick grass next to my disc. Cute, bonus! I move to mark my disc...and notice there is some red liquid on my disc. Surveying it's circumference, I'm shocked to find I had spiked the disc straight into the spine of the mother of the baby mice. Pretty much in that one throw, I took the life of 5 creatures.

So be warned. If you want to know how the Xtreme flies, take your chances. And if you MUST throw it on a hyzer, for the love of all that is good, make sure nothing living is between you and your goal.

If you are going to kill it, EAT IT.

All i know is the new ones are gonna be less stable than new ones.
Same for the old z venoms.

I feel like you are trying to confuse me haha

My buddy who throws the old ones says the news ones aren't as stable.

He can barely get his old worn xtremes to 330 really putting power on it, he can hit 400 with the mint brand new ones. They aren't the same disc. :/