• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs comparable to sidewinder? and natural anhyzer

Team Disgo 1

I currently own a champion sidewinder that i really like. i can shape it to fly basically any direction i want. i can throw it backhand (rhbh) but i mostly use it a lot for fairway forehands.

i know that its a -3 turn and a 1 fade.. which in itself seems unique since ive looked at multiple discs and havent found any that match the turn...

i plan on buying another one most likely but i was wondering if there is a disc that is comparable.

my other question is that i saw the sidewinder is good for lefties as a natural anhyzer - as im a righty is there a disc that is a natural anhyzer when throwing backhand.. i usually play forehand for holes that dogleg right..

thanks for any help.. appreciate it

A good anny disc is the same for a righty or lefty! For a lefty it goes left, righty it goes right. Avenger SS is a good turnover disc. ESP will be a little less stable than Z

Roadrunner and Avenger SS will hold any line I toss it on. Im LHBH so when I need to go Left, it rarely comes out of the anny unless I didnt throw it right. I cant throw my sidewinder anymore. does squirrely things

a roadrunner is much less stable imo and an avenger ss is a faster disc. an Orion LS or TD is comparable but honestly the sidewinder is a really good disc, i'd stick with it if you like it.

A flat lighter river is great for turnovers. When they turn they still have a arse load of glide where they just dont turn and burn.

Roadrunners are amazing anny discs right out of the box. I highly recommend giving one a shot.

i actually used a DX leopard for a long time as a long middy type disc... but as it got beat up i couldnt get it to go straight anymore just wanted to turnover and roll all the time

Stick with the Sidewinder. Great disc and they really bomb when you need them too. I go back and forth between the Sidewinder and River for long annys. The Avenger SS and Roadrunner are both good discs but don't seem to have the flexability or distance of the Sidewinder for me. Its just beats them out imo.

Stick with the sidewinder if it works for you. Beast and Valkyrie are similar though.