• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs for women!

I taught my girlfriend to throw sidearm and she gets way more distance on it than her backhand.

She throws a lightweight Gateway Apache and a 150 Magic.

Last edited:
I let my fiance use my Puma recently, which was the disc that after I had thrown many faster and actual drivers wrong for quite a while, I switched to it and played a more controlled game.

It made me nervous since I cant seem to find any Pumas any more and my approach game had been hurting so I didnt let her keep it.

The first ever disc I threw was a Shark, nice & stable, considered an all around disc for a beginner. What's the sense in buying several discs, that will only cause confusion. The idea is to thow something that has a chance of turning out positive once thown. If she has a negative experience, she may lose interest in playing really fast! Not only would you have wasted money buying several discs, but you won't have your girlfriend to play with anymore:( I'd also suggest taking her to play when the course isn't busy, it causes less stress if nobody happens to be watching.
If she insists on you buying her a "pretty" disc, tell her the truth, that most of those discs are for more advanced players. Let her know that if she continues to improve, you'll be happy to buy her one. If she still insists on having a "pretty" disc, buy her one & suggest she hang it on her wall for decoration, because that's where it will end up, there or lost in the rough off to the left somewhere.

lol yeah...pretty just means she wants me to dye it with flowers on it or something...she has a DX pink cobra right now so ill let her use that for a bit and go from there

What is it about pink cobra that just isn't right...

Baaaaby baaaaaaaaby snaaaaayaayayayakes....

I lent my wife my Z Avenger SS 169g and haven't gotten it back yet, probly gave her another 20' from her throwing her Wraith or Beast, she's probly getting 'em out to 150' now..

If she throws backhand, go as understable as her throw allows without her turning it over

When we've bought discs in the past, she'll pick out one that looks cool and feels good in her hand.. I inherited a pumpkin orange Star XCalibur that she picked out, that thing is way too much for my arm much less hers lol

My wife throws a 150 LS Polaris, a Star Stingray, and a 173 Soft Magnet. She does really well with this combonation, and she is over 40. (Don't tell her I gave away her age)

My wife throws a 170 Monarch sidearmed, and she can heave it out there 250+ on a good throw. She has just started throwing a little backhanded, and has the beast, but I'm planning on getting her a 150 class something for that. She gets enough flick on her monarch that it has a beautiful s curve and carries out really well.

My imaginary Canadian girlfriend uses maxed out Bosses and rips them 400' +. Yeah, she is that badass.

Dang, I'd love to play with her. She'd whoop us in no time.

Wish I had an imaginary Canadian girlfriend.

the 167 HPP Sabre for my fiance should either be here today or tomorrow. I told her she was getting it to avoid me trying to claim it for my own. I hope it works out for her.

My wife was throwing 170ish Cobras a ton last year but they've fallen out of favor now. Her discs of choice now are 167 Backbones and 125-135 Ultralight Raging Inferno DTs. For putting she uses the Backbone or a Gumbputt.

Latest posts