• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs left in car

joesouthfla

Birdie Member
Will leaving discs in a hot car damage them? I always leave my discs in my car and it just occured to me that the high temperature may damage them.

it could if you have something rest on top of them, and dx are the easiest to warp, but if you have them in your bag in your car it shouldnt be a big deal, and if im goin to leave my discs in the car on a summerday for a long time, i take my reflecter thingy for my windsheild of my car and put it over my bag it works pretty well:thmbup:

I have had discs ruined in the heat and cold in the trunk and in storage rooms.

This, the first few months i was playing i only had four discs so a bag wasnt really a big deal, and they were in my car at all times just in case i wanted to play a quick 9, and one day after school i threw my backpack on top of them and they sat in the sun with a backpack full of textbooks for about 8 hours in the heat, and i went to grab them and the all were warped to s**t, i was able to save some but others werent so lucky

I know during the summer months in Texas with the heat and humidity it can get rough on them. I put mine in the trunk on days that I'm gonna throw after work and park so the trunk remains in the shade. When I leave work, they go straight into the car w/ AC to cool them down as they feel more pliable, but I've not yet had any ruined. I do have a friend who left an R-Pro disc in his backseat and it warped like crazy. I try to avoid leaving them in my car if at all possible, but sometimes it can't be helped.

SS and SSS putters will melt a little just sitting in a hot car in a KY summer. the flight plate gets all wavy. doesn't really hurt the flight though. i've seen the same thing happen to gummier star discs with exceptionally thin domes (i.e. makos)

Never had any ruined...but that's because I've never taken the chance. I always take my bag out of my car...no matter what. Some of the discs in my bag are too valuable to my game to take the chance!

i had a buddy that left his blowfly in the sun in his car and it melted like a stick of butter. his other discs got warped too.

I've had Elite-X warp while it was standing on edge in my bag.

My Buzzz has some indentations in it from sitting in a hot car. Flies the same though.

I could see a JuJu melting into a pool of plastic lol

Be careful of how you rest your bag too. I threw my bag in my car one day (not thinking) after a round, and when I went to grab it the next day, my magnet was an L shape because there was a bottle underneath it and the top disc was leaned against the back of the seat.

I had a pro-d pacman.

Latest posts