• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you do?

PieMethod

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I live and work in the Tampa area -- it's duckin hot. I want to start bringing some discs to work with me so I can bag some courses before it gets dark out. Problem is, it's duckin hot! I work in a pretty hot fiberglass factory as well, no AC and not a lot of airflow, so sometimes it gets hotter inside than outside.

What would you do?
A. Would you keep them in your trunk/floor of the car?
B. Would you bring them into the shop, where they are 99% likely to get dusted in fiberglass all day?
C. Just leave em at home and be happy with the basket out in the yard?

I use a shade for my windshield, crack the windows a hair, and just keep a few discs that you don't mind if they get warped.

Not saying they will make things perfect, but try it out. Yeah, it's hot in Florida - but the humidity is truly the killer.

If you did the cooler thing, freeze the bottled water you take with you out on the course. Seems a bit much, but I'd consider it with more expensive discs. Makes me chuckle, thinking about taking a chilled disc on a coarse.

I live in the Tampa bay area (live in Oldsmar, work in Tampa), and leave a bag full of discs in my car most days. I have not had problems with warping. Discs are lined up vertically in the bag. I've been doing this for several years.

Snow ain't so bad. You just have to watch your disc and look for the cut marks.
I've lost more discs than I can remember to snow 🤣
I live in the Tampa bay area (live in Oldsmar, work in Tampa), and leave a bag full of discs in my car most days. I have not had problems with warping. Discs are lined up vertically in the bag. I've been doing this for several years.
Hell yeah! I live in Dunedin. Maybe we should play a round sometime?