• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] 350'-400' throwers, what discs do you throw and why?

Tinkles

Birdie Member
I thought people of similar arm speeds could share what they use and why as I'm always on the lookout for more discs and ideas. Hopefully there are some over-sharers out here.

Context
  • Play around North Atlanta @ 1200' of elevation
  • Play a lot of wooded courses
  • Throw FH, overhand, and RHBH - generally throw flat or hyzer flip. Very rare to throw an anny driver.
  • Prefer beadles or small bead discs.
  • I would generally consider 360' good, and a 380' throw a crush, but I can occasionally touch 400'. I will say that if I only went by course distance instead of throwing on football fields, I would probably classify myself as a 400+' thrower.

Disc category (distance ranges I generally use them for & weights)

Putters (less than 270' & 170g-175g)
  • Understable – Mirage
    • I use this for standstill upshots that I need to go straight and hyzerflip turnovers though I am starting to throw my glow Reko on anny flex as turnovers can be really touchy. Also easy to overshoot with this disc as it glides forever.
  • Stable – Berg K3
    • Driving putter for sub 230', straight forehand approaches, any approach where I want to make an aggressive throw.
    • Very straight for most of the flight with a reliable small fade at end. Others comment on this disc being overstable, but in this plastic, I find it very straight/stable, it doesn't really want to turn or fade much. I would consider my K1 Reko to be slightly more stable than this but very close.
  • Stable – Reko K1 Glow
    • Driving putter, small anny lines that I want to flatten out, upshots. Very reliable stability in this plastic so far at my power level.
  • Overstable – Zone Z
    • Utility disc - Forehands, short hyzers, flex shots. I can't throw this very far backhand but love it for working angles closer to the basket.
  • Putting – Reko K3

• Love the plastic, flat to small puddle top, and the shallow hand feel.
    • I would consider this a medium glide, stable putter. More stable than the dx aviars and yetis I've used.

Mids (260'-320' & 168g-178g)
  • Understable – Patrol Lucid
    • Hyzer flip turnovers, uphill hyzer flips, powered down woods shots. Thrown on the right angle, this disc goes far.
  • Understable – Fuze Lucid
    • Slight hyzer to straight late turnovers, powered down shots in woods, steeper hyzers that I want to drift left. I was using a P-Line MD3 for this but I just really prefer a disc in a star or champy plastic.
  • Stable – MD3 Champ, currently auditioning an Emac Truth Sparkle Lucid
    • Workhorse, straight shots with small finish left at end.
    • This is my most used disc. I have a flat beat in champ MD3, a few crowned eagles, and am also trying an emac truth. For me, the MD3s are more stable than the truth. The truth, out of the box, requires a slight hyzer. I think the truth is a tick faster but I'm concerned about its reliability for this slot in my bag. I have to be smooth with the truth. The MD3 is a little slower but holds up better to OAT and wind. Domey crowned eagles are the most stable of the MD3s I have tried but the champ/star/colored glow are all close in flight out of box. P-line gets flippy quickly.
  • Overstable – Verdict Lucid
    • I wanted something a little more stable than my MD3 that I could trust in the wind. This works for that fresh out the box but I'm a little nervous about it maintaining that stability after some seasoning. Also had a Lizotte flow MD4 for this slot but its doesn't feel as good in my hand.

Fairways (300'-340' & 168g-175g)
  • Understable – FD D-Line
    • Rollers
    • Used to love this disc but it quickly becomes too delicate for me to use on anything other than rollers.
  • Understable/Stable – FD P-Line
    • Straight shots, small hyzer flips, hyzers that I want to drift way left
    • I'm trying to get this disc to where the D-Lines are out of the box or after one tree hit. I don't throw it a ton, or it would probably already be there.
  • Stable – FD S-Line
    • Workhorse, straight shots, small flips, reliable fade, occasional overhands that I don't want to pan much.
    • I use this disc a fair amount too and also use a color-glow NS2. It's a great flyer with a reliable fade for me. A little longer and a hair less stable than my Jen Allen Teebirds.
    • I have tried some Leo3s in this slot too but only champ came close. It was still less stable than what I wanted for the workhorse slot.
  • Overstable – FD 2nd Run C-Line
    • Overhands, forehands, heavy head wind, flex shots, more of a utility disc for me.
    • I think a champ teebird would work here and be easier to replace, but I am a disc buying addict.
  • Utility – Firebird Champ
    • Overhands, forehands, skip shots fore and back, hard flexes. When I'm pinched on the left side of a wooded fairway, I love to throw this forehand on a steep anny and get it to land flat.

Drivers (Over 330' & 165g-175g)
  • Understable – Tern Gstar
    • Roller, steep uphill hyzer flip woods shots, shots where left is dead and its ok if it turns into a throwler.
  • Understable – Wraith Pro
    • Hyzer flip to turnover shots.
    • Workhorse out of the box but then….This is my favorite disc when new but after a little seasoning it becomes understable. I can generally trust it to ride out that turnover line rather than becoming a throwler like the Tern. If I was cycling every month or so, these would be perfect. I have found that PFN pro plastic holds up a little better but it will flip if you play in the woods a lot.
  • Stable/Overstable – Wraith Star
    • Forehands, drives I need to finish left
    • These are not seasoned much so far but I can't wait to get them to where a pro wraith is out of the box because then this will become my go to disc.
    • I generally find that domey = more overstable in this mold. I can flip my flat star and it's the one I think will develop quicker into my workhorse.
    • I have a champ/gstar/echostar in this as well. Champ is basically the same as star though I think it will take longer to season. The gstars/echostars are nice but I am particular about disc color and can't get them in the right colors. I think they would be great in this slot though and beat in quicker.
  • Other Drivers I'm working with:
    • Trespasses – found a pretty new moonshine and l liked the flight but it turns over into a headwind or if I have bad form and torque it… I bought a lucid and lucid x to experiment with because I can't stop buying.
    • Destroyer Pro – I'm pretty sure I have no business throwing a destroyer at this arm speed since I don't throw flex lines, but I wanted to try a pro one out to see how it seasoned and if it would get to a nice reliable flight for me. TBD. I can flip this one but it will still dump hard in low speed. I think its promising in this plastic.
    • Also tried some Shrykes and other Terns but haven't loved them and didn't feel like they would be as reliable as the Star Wraiths once they seasoned. The swirl star shryke I had was new but I could see it working for me more once seasoned. My favorite tern that I threw was a clear tie-dyed but it is essentially a camo disc.

We're pretty similar in arm speed and disc selection, so I can't offer many new ideas for you, but more can validate your current choices! Here's my bag, I've knocked things down to 10 molds (max weight unless otherwise noted):

Putters:
  • K1 Berg - approach workhorse, mainly placement flicks
  • 400 PA1 - backhand putter drives when more stability is needed
  • 400 PA4 - backhand putter drives when less stability is needed
  • P-line P2 - actual putting. I'll swap to X-line if it's freezing out

Mids:
  • 171g P-line MD3 - hyzerflip to turnover
  • Glow MD3 - straight to fade
  • C-line MD3 - straight to fade but a lil more beef
  • Star Caiman - approach/driving flicks that need to reach a bit further than the Berg
  • Champ Caiman - pretty much a backup for the Star Caiman

Fairways:
  • 167g D-line FD - hyzerflip to extreme turnover
  • P-line FD - hyzerflip to turnover
  • S-line FD - pretty straight
  • Nightstrike II FD - straight but with some fade
  • 2 Royal Rage FD2s - when I need more stability and fade than the FDs provide, also great for flicks

Distance:
  • 171g Star Roadrunner - hyzerflip to turnover long drives
  • Champ Roadrunner - hyzerflip to flat
  • 2 (166g/167g) Pro Wraiths - hyzerflip to turnover long drives
  • 2 168g Star Wraiths - full flight, flip up to slight turn, fade back
  • 171g Madison Walker Wraith - most overstable driver

Somewhat recently abandoned slots - CD2 and FD3/Firebird. Found I wasn't using them enough to justify bagging them. Other discs can do their jobs when needed - I can usually stretch an FD/FD2 to do what the CD2 does, and most of the courses around me don't have ground to allow for skip shots I'd want out of the FD3/Firebird, and can just disc up to one of the Wraiths if I needed the overstability. I flick the Royal Rages better than I ever flicked FD3/Firebird.

interesting

For me the CD2 just absolutely crushes and there's no FD in my bag that can keep up

For reference
Max weight RT1 (domey and fairly beef, does fantastic flex lines)
170gm RT2 and Stock (flatter, nice controlled flights, hyzer flip to flat)
175gm G line (seasoned, flips up, rides over)

FDs are flippy NS 1, G line, C line, and NS 2

I want to like FDs but I just don't - can't put my finger on it but they just don't fly well for me. I'm bagging Teebirds and Leopards for fairways, and trying out the TL for that in-between FD-style flight.

Thunderbird is my favorite disc - Pros are laser beams, Star's a beefy headwind/downhill driver.

Working the Wraith more and more into the bag, but I hardly ever throw distance drivers. They're just a little bit longer than Thunderbirds but way less predictable.

Hey I go to college in the north ATL area-we should meet up at a course sometime!

I throw a bit further than you but we could still use the same molds.

Putters: I carry two putter molds, Profits beaten into various stabilities, and also used to putt with, and Entropies. Entropy gets the FH, wind, and very OS duties and Profits cover OS drives to US drives. Sold by Mint discs.

Midranges and fairways I carry an interesting lineup but I can explain.

Mids: Gilas, made by Reptilian Disc Golf, and Bobcats, made by Mint. Both have the same flight #'s but fly very different lines for me. Bobcats I don't have any beaten to flippy yet but I have straightened one out to straight with a mild fade. These cover a lot of ground L-R and are awesome on line drives-I refer to them as my "late-turn" midranges. Gilas I have two Fossils (baseline) beat the heck up, one flippy and one hyzer-flip to straight with a fade. These go further than my Bobcats and cover very unique lines in the woods-they come out of the hand fast and have an early turn but do have a hearty fade at the end, slightly more dumpy than the bobcats. They're my "early turn" midranges. Used more for gap hitting in the woods, carving up trees with flex lines, etc. Aren't as accurate or easy to range in the open but priceless with a lot of trees.

Fairways I carry three molds but really kinda four. Motions I have two-one beat up and used for huge hyzers, one fresh with some softer plastic for spike hyzers. Volts I carry four with two different plastics. My neutron volts are kinda like my bobcats-they have a late turn and are awesome in the open/low ceiling drives. I have a super beat one that pops up from a slight hyzer and carries a gentle turn and gentle late fade to the ground, and a fresh one that is straight with maybe a hair of turn to fade, a go-to for open shots up to 400 feet or so. Proton volts have a very early turn and a harder fade; I have a super beat one that is a hyzer flip machine and will always come back at the end if given the height, great for some wild S curves around obstacles and it bombs, as well as a fresher one great for flex shots in the woods. digs into an early flex and fights out at the end. Alphas are my last mold, made by Mint;I managed to find some really flippy (for alphas) ones that I use for huge glidey turnovers. Pop-top dome and they glide forever, with just enough LSS to bring them to flat at the end.

Distance drivers I only carry two, one max weight Octane and one max weight Catalyst. Octane for straight to fade or headwind max D, and Catalyst for the biggest of turnovers and downhill max D.

Utility shots: Flare, by streamline, which is meanly OS. Stego, for the lulz and the oh shoots.

It's a weird bag but it works and keeps the strokes down so that's what I run.

We're pretty similar in arm speed and disc selection, so I can't offer many new ideas for you, but more can validate your current choices!

Dude, this is like scary similar! Found my disc golf doppelganger.

I was actually using a P2 prior to finding the Reko, a star Caiman prior to the Zone, and the 2nd star wraith I carry (also most overstable) is a 171 Madison Walker.

How different are the Star Roadrunner and the Pro Wraiths in distance and flight?

I also live and play in that area! We should link up.

Mainly I throw a bit farther than that, but I haven't always and my favorite discs haven't changed that much.

For throwing putters the Harp is a legend FH or BH. I'm also a big fan of the Atom as a thrower it's just super straight at any speed and easy to use.

Miss the Piwakawaka is the best touch mid IMO and it's just super smooth. Also love a Bard for the more stable shots.

Most underrated fairway by far IMO for players under 400 max D is the Stag. I still use it, but when I was at that level it was my farthest disc. Feels good, controllable and can do a lot of lines.

All my discs are in my signature. Depending on what advice you're looking for. If distance. I've really liked the Axiom MAYHEM and MVP Octane for good solid distance. I also really like the S line DDX for slight turnovers or tailwinds.

as for control. I am really digging the Millenium Orion LS and LF - great speed 9/10 control drivers that I think are forgotten about, similar to Valkyrie/Thunderbirds.

Fairways - Patriots are sweet or Teebirds - and an MVP Volt is 8/5/-1/2 and cuts nice lines

Mids - use what you like ;)

Putter - for Throwing I love the MVP atom, Atom is probably the best throwing putter ever - worth looking into

I throw bit further than you but it's still close to your distance range. Generally speaking everything I throw hovers around the middle end of the stability spectrum- that is nothing super OS or US. I like that because the discs I have useful for a variety of throws. I.e. I can throw a Leopard or Comet on a hyzer line that won't flip or throw a PD or Force on an anny that won't come right out.

Putters:
Warlocks- SS for putting and straight to flippy approaches, Soft for stable drives and approaches
ESP Zone for very OS duties
Mids:
Z Comet/ DX Rocs/ Z Wasp- all feel similar and fly similar- Comet is like a beat Roc and Wasp is like a premium plastic fresh Rancho
Fairways:
Leopard3's/ Teebirds/ Firebird- have the whole stability range covered and usually carry both Champ and Start Leo's and TB's
Distance:
PD/ Shryke/ Force- PD bridges the gap between TB and distance driver, Shrykes are great bombers and Force is for long drives that have to fade and/ or need to hold up in a headwind.

I don't throw as far as you, but I definitely like the bag you're rocking. Maybe it's an ATL thing. :D

I thought people of similar arm speeds could share what they use and why as I'm always on the lookout for more discs and ideas. Hopefully there are some over-sharers out here.

Context
  • Play around North Atlanta @ 1200' of elevation
  • Play a lot of wooded courses
  • Throw FH, overhand, and RHBH - generally throw flat or hyzer flip. Very rare to throw an anny driver.
  • Prefer beadles or small bead discs.
  • I would generally consider 360' good, and a 380' throw a crush, but I can occasionally touch 400'. I will say that if I only went by course distance instead of throwing on football fields, I would probably classify myself as a 400+' thrower.

Disc category (distance ranges I generally use them for & weights)

Putters (less than 270' & 170g-175g)
  • Understable – Mirage
    • I use this for standstill upshots that I need to go straight and hyzerflip turnovers though I am starting to throw my glow Reko on anny flex as turnovers can be really touchy. Also easy to overshoot with this disc as it glides forever.
  • Stable – Berg K3
    • Driving putter for sub 230', straight forehand approaches, any approach where I want to make an aggressive throw.
    • Very straight for most of the flight with a reliable small fade at end. Others comment on this disc being overstable, but in this plastic, I find it very straight/stable, it doesn't really want to turn or fade much. I would consider my K1 Reko to be slightly more stable than this but very close.
  • Stable – Reko K1 Glow
    • Driving putter, small anny lines that I want to flatten out, upshots. Very reliable stability in this plastic so far at my power level.
  • Overstable – Zone Z
    • Utility disc - Forehands, short hyzers, flex shots. I can't throw this very far backhand but love it for working angles closer to the basket.
  • Putting – Reko K3

• Love the plastic, flat to small puddle top, and the shallow hand feel.
    • I would consider this a medium glide, stable putter. More stable than the dx aviars and yetis I've used.

Mids (260'-320' & 168g-178g)
  • Understable – Patrol Lucid
    • Hyzer flip turnovers, uphill hyzer flips, powered down woods shots. Thrown on the right angle, this disc goes far.
  • Understable – Fuze Lucid
    • Slight hyzer to straight late turnovers, powered down shots in woods, steeper hyzers that I want to drift left. I was using a P-Line MD3 for this but I just really prefer a disc in a star or champy plastic.
  • Stable – MD3 Champ, currently auditioning an Emac Truth Sparkle Lucid
    • Workhorse, straight shots with small finish left at end.
    • This is my most used disc. I have a flat beat in champ MD3, a few crowned eagles, and am also trying an emac truth. For me, the MD3s are more stable than the truth. The truth, out of the box, requires a slight hyzer. I think the truth is a tick faster but I'm concerned about its reliability for this slot in my bag. I have to be smooth with the truth. The MD3 is a little slower but holds up better to OAT and wind. Domey crowned eagles are the most stable of the MD3s I have tried but the champ/star/colored glow are all close in flight out of box. P-line gets flippy quickly.
  • Overstable – Verdict Lucid
    • I wanted something a little more stable than my MD3 that I could trust in the wind. This works for that fresh out the box but I'm a little nervous about it maintaining that stability after some seasoning. Also had a Lizotte flow MD4 for this slot but its doesn't feel as good in my hand.

Fairways (300'-340' & 168g-175g)
  • Understable – FD D-Line
    • Rollers
    • Used to love this disc but it quickly becomes too delicate for me to use on anything other than rollers.
  • Understable/Stable – FD P-Line
    • Straight shots, small hyzer flips, hyzers that I want to drift way left
    • I'm trying to get this disc to where the D-Lines are out of the box or after one tree hit. I don't throw it a ton, or it would probably already be there.
  • Stable – FD S-Line
    • Workhorse, straight shots, small flips, reliable fade, occasional overhands that I don't want to pan much.
    • I use this disc a fair amount too and also use a color-glow NS2. It's a great flyer with a reliable fade for me. A little longer and a hair less stable than my Jen Allen Teebirds.
    • I have tried some Leo3s in this slot too but only champ came close. It was still less stable than what I wanted for the workhorse slot.
  • Overstable – FD 2nd Run C-Line
    • Overhands, forehands, heavy head wind, flex shots, more of a utility disc for me.
    • I think a champ teebird would work here and be easier to replace, but I am a disc buying addict.
  • Utility – Firebird Champ
    • Overhands, forehands, skip shots fore and back, hard flexes. When I'm pinched on the left side of a wooded fairway, I love to throw this forehand on a steep anny and get it to land flat.

Drivers (Over 330' & 165g-175g)
  • Understable – Tern Gstar
    • Roller, steep uphill hyzer flip woods shots, shots where left is dead and its ok if it turns into a throwler.
  • Understable – Wraith Pro
    • Hyzer flip to turnover shots.
    • Workhorse out of the box but then….This is my favorite disc when new but after a little seasoning it becomes understable. I can generally trust it to ride out that turnover line rather than becoming a throwler like the Tern. If I was cycling every month or so, these would be perfect. I have found that PFN pro plastic holds up a little better but it will flip if you play in the woods a lot.
  • Stable/Overstable – Wraith Star
    • Forehands, drives I need to finish left
    • These are not seasoned much so far but I can't wait to get them to where a pro wraith is out of the box because then this will become my go to disc.
    • I generally find that domey = more overstable in this mold. I can flip my flat star and it's the one I think will develop quicker into my workhorse.
    • I have a champ/gstar/echostar in this as well. Champ is basically the same as star though I think it will take longer to season. The gstars/echostars are nice but I am particular about disc color and can't get them in the right colors. I think they would be great in this slot though and beat in quicker.
  • Other Drivers I'm working with:
    • Trespasses – found a pretty new moonshine and l liked the flight but it turns over into a headwind or if I have bad form and torque it… I bought a lucid and lucid x to experiment with because I can't stop buying.
    • Destroyer Pro – I'm pretty sure I have no business throwing a destroyer at this arm speed since I don't throw flex lines, but I wanted to try a pro one out to see how it seasoned and if it would get to a nice reliable flight for me. TBD. I can flip this one but it will still dump hard in low speed. I think its promising in this plastic.
    • Also tried some Shrykes and other Terns but haven't loved them and didn't feel like they would be as reliable as the Star Wraiths once they seasoned. The swirl star shryke I had was new but I could see it working for me more once seasoned. My favorite tern that I threw was a clear tie-dyed but it is essentially a camo disc.

I throw distance drives probably 400' on average. With the right conditions or disc I can stretch that to 450'.

I play in CO. The courses here tend to be fairly open. Not really any of the forested, tree lined holes. Accuracy still plays a huge part, but you will have more open lines on most holes.

I tend to shy away from understable molds on the course. The most understable thing I carry is a G* Shryke, and I only throw it on huge, open holes. I want the disc to fly accurately, and understable molds simply don't provide consistent accuracy.

I guess my point is, I choose discs based on consistency over sheer distance. The Shryke is the only exception, and it will easily outdistance any other driver I bag.

I'd say the Teebird, Thunderbird, Firebird, and Roc3 are pretty much the staples of my bag. All in champion plastic. Add a McPro Aviar, and I use those discs for probably 70% of my shots.

I throw distance drives probably 400' on average. With the right conditions or disc I can stretch that to 450'.

Right about where I'm at also. Haven't officially hit over 440' yet though.

DGA Hurricanes - I find this to be the sweet spot between a surge (which can get to flippy) and a force (which generally aren't workable enough)

Predator - got to have the overstable workhorse. Put them in the bag when I was throwing more in the 350' max range, and still work well for me now.

Undertaker - I still think this is one of the more underrated control/fairway drivers out there. Nice and workable across a lot of arm speeds, and lots of plastics available

Pipeline - the most understable driver I throw. I like manipulating angles more than letting the disc do all the turning. Can lock on a long hyzer flip line or will hold a turnover out to 375' or so

Squall - acts like a longer beat wasp, great for wanting to get 325' with less effort and little ground action

Comet/Wasp - self explanatory

Drone - mainly forehands, acts like a predator -50'

Steady - just a great stable putter. Holds lines out to 300' pretty easily.

I want to like FDs but I just don't - can't put my finger on it but they just don't fly well for me. I'm bagging Teebirds and Leopards for fairways, and trying out the TL for that in-between FD-style flight.

I get where you are coming from with the FD. I love this disc but also feel like the glide can make it a little touchy sometimes.

*360 average, 420 max

Putters
Overstable - R-Pro Pig
Stable - S-Line P2
Stable - JK (JC) Aviar
Understable - Pro-D Roach
Putting - Jawbreaker Roach

Mids
Overstable - Luster Withers Gator
Overstable - C-Line MD4
Stable - Cryztal Sparkle Z Buzzz
Stable - McBeth Buzzz
Understable - Luster MD
Understable - Swirly ESP Meteor

Fairways
Overstable - FAF Champ Firebird
Overstable - VIP Ahti
Overstable - '19 Sexton Firebird
Overstable - Star Thunderbird
Stable - Opto Explorer
Stable - S-Line CD2 (flat, new)
Understable - S-Line CD2 (flat)
Understable - G-Line CD2 (flat)
Understable - Champ Glow Leo3
Understable - Tournament Hatchet

Drivers
Overstable - 4x Destroyer
Stable - ESP Kong
Stable - Star Wraith
Understable - Star Tern

I throw similar distances as the OP. The way I play, I require nothing overstable at all except for woods flex shots that can't be done any other way.

Putters:
Hunter/Pure/Envy

Mids:
Evidence/EMac Truth/Verdict

FDs:
Thief/FD/TBird/Thunder Bird
Sidewinder/Valk

Drivers:
Terns(3-4)/Pharaoh/Ballista Pro

Where do y'all play normally?

Probably Etowah the most and the Oregon a lot as well. Also make the trip down to Douglasville to play Boundary, Hunter, Deerlick and Frog Rock every now and again.

I probably have the most boring bag, but it works pretty well. All these distances are golf lines and reachable on hyzer or maybe a slight flip up, not open field shots.

Putters:
I don't really throw them, I have a few pro Rhynos that I putt with and one that is newer for up shots under 200 ft. Not sure about max distance but they don't go far.

Mids:
4-6 Rocs - 175+ Overstable to Understable - 06 USDGC star baby roc, 06 USDGC Champ roc, then 2-4 DX type rocs depending on the course and weather. Typically < 275 and BH only

Fairways:
4-6 Teebrids - 170+ Overstable to Understable - Usually bagging a Jen Allen or a Luster Air Force, and 2-4 champ or star teebirds depending on the weather. 250-340 BH and FH

1-3 Firebirds - 170+ Ususally a straighter 11x or Sexton, 1 Beefcake, and one normal beefy depending on the weather. 200-300 BH and FH

Distance Drivers:
2-4 Raiders - 170+ Typically have been carrying the Fuzion although I have been playing with the other plastics. I am probably going to be carryone a beefy 177 fuzion, then a 174 SE, and a 172 Bio for straighter stuff. 300-375 BH and FH.

I would guess I have owned or tried 75% of discs on the market. Seriously, I have a problem. But it has gotten me to this bag that I can take pretty much anywhere and it works for me.

Dude, this is like scary similar! Found my disc golf doppelganger.

I was actually using a P2 prior to finding the Reko, a star Caiman prior to the Zone, and the 2nd star wraith I carry (also most overstable) is a 171 Madison Walker.

How different are the Star Roadrunner and the Pro Wraiths in distance and flight?

C-658-Vs-Xo-Ao3ov-C.jpg

I definitely like the feel of the Reko for putting, but living with these midwest winds, I prefer something a bit more stable.

As for the Star RR vs Pro Wraith, the flights *can* be pretty similar for me depending on the wind, but generally the RR is touchier. I will defer to that over the Wraith (wind allowing) when I'm focused on slowing down and hitting a particular gap, vs giving more of a full pull.