• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs on the roof - players no longer with us.

flyingo

Is there a section here for "memorials" of sorts about friends/fellow disc golfers who have passed on? A place where memories can reside about the best part of this sport - the people we spend time with tossing plastic? Someone wrote something about when one of us passes on, it's like another Frisbee tossed on the roof, not to be played with again for a while...

Maybe the focus of this site being on courses rather than players makes any kind of "memorial page" not really applicable here, but I thought I would ask. Thank you. - Mike O.

Is there a section here for "memorials" of sorts about friends/fellow disc golfers who have passed on? A place where memories can reside about the best part of this sport - the people we spend time with tossing plastic? Someone wrote something about when one of us passes on, it's like another Frisbee tossed on the roof, not to be played with again for a while...

Maybe the focus of this site being on courses rather than players makes any kind of "memorial page" not really applicable here, but I thought I would ask. Thank you. - Mike O.

I do not think there is a single thread. There are a small handful of individual threads about specific players, but no large memorial page.

First death: This thread after stevo69's 1/2 page signature killed it.

It is a good idea though flyingo

Only one name that's proper to get this thing started............ "Steady" Ed Headrick

Met him in 1992 and the rest is history.

3967_g.jpg

Cool thread! My friend Cory Monzingo passed away from cancer last year, he was only 21 years old. Never got the chance to play with him but I putted with his discs and basket for about an hour the night before the toughest funeral I've ever been too. I'll never forget you Cory!

Good thread idea! Something us new players need to be exposed to: the legacy of the greats

even if they are not great they deserve to be recognized....

Tom Elliott #13122 passed away this past summer. He was the former course pro at Killens Pond and was very active in the Delaware scene for many years.

Brent Hambrick and Gordon Holton. Before my time but their legacy lives on in C-Bus.

-edit- Love the phrase "Disc on the roof" :thmbup:

Ted Williams

The legend Ted Williams. When I first started playing disc golf Ted was one of the first to come up & talk to me at the DG course. He offered tips & was always very positive with his comments. Our current score card for Richmond Hill DGC has his picture on it as a kind of memorial. R.I.P. Brother!
TWon18oldRH.jpg