• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs that you wanted to make the cut that didn't

Also, my Voodoo Medium was a complete ball buster and was in and out of my bag in a day! primarily because Gateway plastics run firm and their "Medium" could be used for industrial demolition... "Again, something that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!!!!" It's about as hard as solid STEEL!

Dont feel alone I ordered 2 soft Voodoos. I have never felt harder plastic than those SOFT Voodoos.

Destroyer, really? One of Innova's most popluar discs. Avery, Feldberg carry them. I saw Nikko buy 10 from a guy before the USDGC. I heard him say "If only I could get my uncle to mold a disc that flies like a destroyer." 3-4 times.
While it might not have worked for you, it is probably one of Innova's most successful discs. For me at least, my straightest disc over 10 speed.

I was disappointed with the Katana and Groove but the Teebird + YUCK! Nothing like a slightly more HHS teebird. Threw it twice and then buried it with my drum banging monkey toy.

DIG IT UP AND GIVE IT TO ME!!! I want one lol.

I bought a Champ Boss around 174g after I threw someone's seasoned Champ Boss expecting at least a little turn to extend the flight... but nope, no turn and maxed out around 375'. So being a little impatient I bought an ESP Boss around 167g expecting it to flip easier than the Champ... Not even close, it's the most overstable piece of plastic I've ever thrown (and I own 3 Preds)! No good for max distance as I need a disc that flexes!

Now I use first run Nukes and domey Katanas for max distance (both which have put me past the 450' marker).

See there's your problem, you got the right disc, but you got it in really sucky plastic. :D

Boss is a really great disc, as long as you get it molded with original , first quality Innova plastic, not some cheap imitation. ;)

Stalker - A little more stable than my Core, but a glide less piece of plastic. OK, but nothing special

Ion - I still own a few, but I can't get them out any farther than my Wizards. I suspect user error so I haven't totally given up on them, but I am real close.

See there's your problem, you got the right disc, but you got it in really sucky plastic. :D

Boss is a really great disc, as long as you get it molded with original , first quality Innova plastic, not some cheap imitation. ;)

I knew I shouldn't have bought it from the back of Cheech's pickup truck in the Wal-Mart's parking lot at 2AM! :doh:

Roc--Many Roc throwers espouse it in a way that is only matched by Evangelist's zeal for Jesus. I tried it for a year and it was ok. As soon as I threw a Buzzz again I couldn't trick myself any longer.

So far for me it's the Champion Teebird and the DX Roc. I know I'm going against perennial favorites here, but they just don't jive with me. I dig Stalkers and Buzzzes more at the time being. Hope I warm up to Teebirds. I have 3 I tried to learn. :(

I present...

Vulkrye

vulcanbread.png

vibram putters, i really wanted to like them i really did. but they couldn't replace my magic/rhyno combo.

So...so many:

How many discs have I put in my bag professing absolute love for them and then found myself very hesitant to pull them out on the course.

Trident
Apache
Any core after my precious first one
etc etc

the river.. i really liked it, i did. it just couldn't make the cut.

The funny thing with the River is, it didnt seem quite understable enough for as good of turnovers as my Pro Leopards and wasnt stable enough to go straight as well as my Teebirds, but it has such great glide and didnt require a lot of power to be useable so I had it in and out of the bag.

Finally, when it was in my bag and I decided to give it some more tries, it really got my attention so I have been learning to make it do those turnovers I could do with the Leopard, and a heavier one is doing great at taking on the role of my DX Teebirds.

In short, it didnt fit in just being added but I find it a great disc and seems to do well when building the bag around it.

The Stalker is pretty tough to control for me. I love the way it feels in my hand and sometimes its awesome, but sometimes its horrible...seems too twitchy....replaced by Eagle

The Katana and Nuke didn't do much for me....too understable when compared to the perfection of the Destroyer.

I wasn't disappointed by the Groove as i could tell i would hate it the first time I held one.

Really wanted to like the stalker

The funny thing with the River is, it didnt seem quite understable enough for as good of turnovers as my Pro Leopards and wasnt stable enough to go straight as well as my Teebirds, but it has such great glide and didnt require a lot of power to be useable so I had it in and out of the bag.

Finally, when it was in my bag and I decided to give it some more tries, it really got my attention so I have been learning to make it do those turnovers I could do with the Leopard, and a heavier one is doing great at taking on the role of my DX Teebirds.

In short, it didnt fit in just being added but I find it a great disc and seems to do well when building the bag around it.

Right now my goto fairway is a DX Teebird that has been beat to perfectly neutral, and I just ordered a 169 Opto River and a 174 GL River... am I going to have a lot of overlap throwing a more overstable TB (new DX until it beats in, then champ), a beat DX TB, and a River (probably opto, I like that plastic better)?

It sounds like maybe I could cover all the shots with the two Rivers, but I can't see myself putting down the Teebird, but the thought of a beat teebird + glide out of the box is pretty appealing. I guess time will tell.

For me, the disc that I really wanted to love but wasn't quite good enough was the Fuse - amazing glide, even as a 180, but I can't seem to throw it as consistently as an X Buzz. It definitely handles long anhyzers, downhill, and tailwinds better, but those aren't shots I have to make a lot at my home courses, so while it's still "in the bag" it almost never gets thrown.

Odyssey power driver. Way too much disc for me even when I was throwing well.

Ultralight Inferno. That much wing and light weight requires better form that I can muster.