• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Discs you've been saving for spring

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
I know many of you play year round in sunshine and green grass.

Some of us just endured a winter for the ages.

I wasn't playing much, but i still rounded out the collection with new plastic that is about to get its baptism of fire.

I figure there is no point trying out new discs when you are slipping and sliding on ice and mud, with freezing hands, and hungry snowbanks ready to swallow up your new discs. I threw DX and Pro-D this winter.

Here are the discs I'll be throwing for the first time this weekend:

Hatchet, Jade, Truth, Escape, Firebird, Sword, Amp.

It is supposed to be 45-55 degrees and sunny tomorrow. :thmbup:

I'm not really looking forward to throwing anything new but the Envy when it's dry. I wouldn't mind trying a Gauge either though.

I have bought molds I already bag in different plastics if that counts. A G* TB and a Legend Patriot.

I've sworn to learning fairways this year (gasp) - as a seasoned player I've always gotten by with putter/mids/drivers. Maybe I'm just getting lazier...

This year I've added a whole new section to the bag. Going with Ascent / TL / Xpress to try and cover the spread in that middle ground when over powering a mid causes trouble.

Somewhat of a right of spring for me is when all the snow is gone. I switch from my winter bag to the summer bag.

I am not looking forward to any disc in particular, however just a clear pad, grass, not 10 layers of clothes, and some nice warmth of the sun.

Bring it!

G* TeeBirds
McPro Roc3's
Brand new SDS Destroyer

Basically those three have been my 'pretend i'm driving in the middle of my apartment' discs during the winter.

C-MD3
Roc3
G*Teebird

I've thrown Rocs and TBs but not those variants. Really just excited to get out and play again. Signed up for my first tournament since '99 on May 10th so I need to start practicing.

I haven't got them yet. But I am looking forward to trying out the new runs of teebirds, destroyers, and aviars. My bag isn't going to change much. The only thing that has changed over the last year was my flippy driver slot. However, every years plastic is a little different so I love testing out the new run to see what it can replace or become a back up for.

I have a glow whippet and a pro line leopard that I don't throw in winter. They will go back into my bag. I also have a putter that's gray Nash whitish that I don't want to lose in the snow. Now I just have to figure out what to take out of my bag.

I always take my DX and KC Pro Rocs out in the winter and replace them with Z Comets and Q Sentinels. I also take my medium Wizards out and throw a Ridge in the winter. I've been doing that for quite a few years now.

I have been throwing flat ground for a bit with them but I have an Evo Seed Demon and a Star Teebird that haven't seen the course yet. Looking to break them out tomorrow.

What? There was only snow on the ground for two days, what are you guys saving discs for? :p

What? There was only snow on the ground for two days, what are you guys saving discs for? :p

Haha that true where we are, can't imagine living in a place with only a 6-8 month playing season.

Haha that true where we are, can't imagine living in a place with only a 6-8 month playing season.
When you live where it is cold, you go out in the cold. I've always lived in places where 4-5 months the weather sucks; you just throw in it. It makes you appreciate the summer.

BTW, the cold and snow really isn't the part that sucks. The crazy winds in winter is the worst.

When you live where it is cold, you go out in the cold. I've always lived in places where 4-5 months the weather sucks; you just throw in it. It makes you appreciate the summer.

BTW, the cold and snow really isn't the part that sucks. The crazy winds in winter is the worst.

I'm sure you do 3 putt, I travel a bit and played in the snow in WI/MN and had the courses to myself.

Down here it's mostly the raining the winter. I play in a downpour if I have to, this morning it was a drizzle and my daughter and I still played. Only two other groups on the nicest area course. Usually 20+ on a Saturday morning.

I have a grip bag full of stormtroopers that are mostly mint. That will change once all the snow is gone. :thmbup:

IDK about that. When you have snow up to your knees it gets very tiring to play. Even with slow,lofty discs its still impossible to throw.

I normally play all year round but this year was different. January and February were brutal. I have played every weekend in March though

To the OP - With all the talk about the Tern on here i decided to give it a try. I've been throwing wraiths for years and am reluctant to switch. Even wth not playing for 2 months the Tern is a thing of beauty. I picked up one in Champ and one in Echo. Both are bombers. I'm very excited to get to my normal level and let these things fly.

I also picked up 2 Envys as well. 1 Neutron,1 Proton. Again i have been throwing Textured Ions for a few years now but the envy is feeling good so far. Going out to play Lemon Lake tomorrow to have a full test of the new discs.

Last edited:

Latest posts