• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DISCWING...what do you think?

Donovan

Longview Disc Golf Association (TX)
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Discwing presently makes 4 discs.

Under-stable Driver
I threw the Quarter K II and found it to be the fastest under-stable disc I have thrown so far. I can actually throw it further than any other disc I own.

So I got to thinking there must be something to a guy who gets is PhD in disc flight; so I went out and bought the other 4 discs this guy makes. :cool:

Over-stable Driver
I throw his fast over-stable disc the Quarter K pretty well also. But I don't think I generate enough speed to really do this disc justice. I struggle with a destroyer also, so that is probably why.

Mid-Range
I really like his mid the Transcend. Throwing this with a slight anhyzer seems to be just what it take to keep this disc straight for a long way. I actually like it for really long putts also.

Putter
The putter is a really stable and straight throwing little gem. The Crosshair does seem to hold it's line really well and grab the changes fairly good. It could probably be a little more tacky to the chains, but I really don't have much of a complaint there either.

Anyone else have thoughts on these bad boys?

I should make note that these discs only come in the pre-production "Industrial Black" (not the most durable plastic) except for the Quarter K which is now offered in their more durable "Cruiseline" plastic offered in white or "Streamline" in red. I am not sure of the difference between those 2 plastics.

Last edited:
Got these for Christmas...

Im excited about the QKII, it just feels like I can throw it a long way. Rain has prevented me from testing, I will report back soon.

I also got the Crosshair and the Transcend. I really dig the Crosshair, it may replace my KC Pro aviar for short approaches/long putts.

My Transcend may be an error print. It has the Transcend stamp on the top but the word "Crosshair" is molded into the bottom of the disc. It is also the exact same shape as my Crosshair. Does anyone have both of these discs? Can you comment on the shape of the transcend, or what text is molded on the bottom?

I got a Quarter K II and I like it. I let a friend who throws a lot of thumbers try it and he LOVES it. There are 2 main differences in the design. The bevel is symmetric, top and bottom are both a bit convex, which gives the edge a sharp bullet shape. The bottom inner rim (where your fingertips grip) is rounded off a bit and that takes some getting used to for us RHBH throwers but is far more comfortable for thumbers since it isn't sharp. There is still plenty of flat surface to grip.

Im excited about the QKII, it just feels like I can throw it a long way. Rain has prevented me from testing, I will report back soon.

I also got the Crosshair and the Transcend. I really dig the Crosshair, it may replace my KC Pro aviar for short approaches/long putts.

My Transcend may be an error print. It has the Transcend stamp on the top but the word "Crosshair" is molded into the bottom of the disc. It is also the exact same shape as my Crosshair. Does anyone have both of these discs? Can you comment on the shape of the transcend, or what text is molded on the bottom?

They are different. I think you got a wrong disc. Transcend is not as think on the edge for sure.

All their discs are out in the newer plastics now and I like them much better this way.

Latest posts