• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Distance Driver Video Idea

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey guys, I was thinking of fun ideas for my next video and I though a head to head style knockout tournament for the longest forehand distance driver would be a fun thing to try.

My idea is to figure out what 12 or so distance drivers that I have or could easily get would be the best for this shot and then do two throws each unless there is egregious human error in some way. Give them two throws each and the best overall throw from that group moves on to the next round.

The discs I have so far that I am thinking about using are;

Destroyer
Zeus
Warhorse
Ape
Giant
Force
Phase
Rask
Stiletto
PD2

Are there any thy you guys feel are must adds to that group, or ones I have that you don't feel belong.

Also, I know that all of these are overstable, some very much so. If you want to say that I should include a less stable driver, or make this about form is some way, just don't say it. I'm not going to throw anything that has more than -1 turn and less than 3 fade.

Some of these I know I can throw very far, other have not found their way off the shelf in a few years, so it should be interesting!

You have to try MVP Dimension! I think it is much longer than Phase

I would do 5 throws each. Just video the longest or mention which one went the furthest. I know Drew Gibson did some of these videos and he only threw one each. It's kind of pointless IMO to do 1 or 2 throws. I think the wind and throw are the main factor being measured then. If you take a higher number then the wind and throwing power/angle/height/nose angle are minimized.

I would do 5 throws each. Just video the longest or mention which one went the furthest. I know Drew Gibson did some of these videos and he only threw one each. It's kind of pointless IMO to do 1 or 2 throws. I think the wind and throw are the main factor being measured then. If you take a higher number then the wind and throwing power/angle/height/nose angle are minimized.

Good take. I did see the Drew video and one each was hard to tell how they would fly.

Try to include as many brands as possible, so that people with brand loyalty have a horse in the race, so to speak.

Try to include as many brands as possible, so that people with brand loyalty have a horse in the race, so to speak.

So I've got; Innova, Discmania, Discraft, Westside, Lat64, MVP and Kastaplast.

Will probably get an Enforcer for DD. Who am I missing that has a great overstable driver?

Whatever Prodigy's is, I have no idea. Isn't a Spirit really overstable too?

I have a Spirit I could include, and have been looking for an X1. I'll keep scouring the inter webs for one.

If you can get a higher angle from behind, that would be great. I think I remember watching one of your previous forehand videos, and it was like trying to track bullets in flight. :)

If you can get a higher angle from behind, that would be great. I think I remember watching one of your previous forehand videos, and it was like trying to track bullets in flight. :)

That's a great take and I've gotten a 6' tripod and have been trying to get better at filming. Maybe I'll try to put it on my car so it will be 10-12' off the ground.

I have been learning to do a drone, but I'm the only one who can actually fly it, so then I couldn't throw lol.

Has anyone thrown the D model OS? No one has an X1 for sale and the D OS is rated more Os than an X2.

Prodigy D1 and D2 crush.

The spirit is sooo dumpy it goes no where haha. I use mine as a 9 speed because it matches near the distance of my firebirds typically.

Prodigy D1 and D2 crush.

The spirit is sooo dumpy it goes no where haha. I use mine as a 9 speed because it matches near the distance of my firebirds typically.

I've never thrown any of those. Too fast for me. I wasn't sure what Prodigy's were, D1, D2 and X1. I think Nikko used to throw a Spirit. And he throws Stilletos now so I figured it was close.

Has anyone thrown the D model OS? No one has an X1 for sale and the D OS is rated more Os than an X2.

I haven't. The fastest Prodigy I've thrown is the H3v2, I think that's what it's called at least. I'm bad with their names.

Finally a thread I can get behind..

I have been doing something similar with my field work trying to find my max distance hyzer flip(ish) fh disc to hit golf lines. Currently between the raider, force and d model s with a few others I still need to try(and open to suggestions). I've hit 470 reasonably straight and average closer to 440 in ideal conditions and 400 when I'm not quite warmed up.

Most of the discs you mentioned are still essentially utility overstable for me - are you going full flex max d? Not something I've really used much so I am curious to see what kind of distance you can manage and how (if?) the discs differentiate much.

Latest posts