• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DIY Backpack: Magellan Outdoors Bonner III Edition

i took my bonner III out for it's first round yesterday (well, half a round) and i basically did all the same modifications as KY's with the exception of the bottle holders. It was great. Real comfortable, no issues at all. I highly suggest getting one of these if you don't want to spend a bunch of money. Thanks for the mod post KY, they worked perfectly

Mine arrived today! Thanks for recommending this backpack what a great find for 30 bucks!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377725590760.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377725590760.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 116
Ok guys. Got mine modded. But now I want to see about fixing up the bottom a little bit. I was thinking about doing some "feet" instead of the mod on here. Would anyone know where to get something like that? Also, the plastic that is used in this mod is great, but for the bottom of the inside I was thinking of trying something more heavy duty. Maybe I could even bolt the feet to the bottom shelf inside for more stability. Any ideas guys? Thanks!

Hey guys. After all the talk and images of the Bonner iii I have to say I definitely want this as my dg bag! Does anyone know of a way to purchase one other than at Academy Sports? Due to living in Canada I am unable to shop there and they won't ship to me. Cheers.

Ok guys. Got mine modded. But now I want to see about fixing up the bottom a little bit. I was thinking about doing some "feet" instead of the mod on here. Would anyone know where to get something like that? Also, the plastic that is used in this mod is great, but for the bottom of the inside I was thinking of trying something more heavy duty. Maybe I could even bolt the feet to the bottom shelf inside for more stability. Any ideas guys? Thanks!

A piece of plexi and some feet from the hardware store that would go on a cabinet or something? Just an idea.

Found another great thing about this bag today. Not really a mod because I didn't have to do anything but it's cool. The poceket right behind the handle on top of the bag is fleece lined. If there are any rock climbers out there they'll know where I'm going with this. For non rock climbers....The chalk bags climbers keep their climbing chalk in (for grip) are fleece lined. The chalk gets into the fleece so when you stick your hands in for the chalk it kind of coats your whole hand. So I just threw a Birdie Bag in there. Same concept. Best thing is you don't have to fiddle around with the plastic bag the Birdie Bag comes in. Works out really well, I just keep the pocket unzipped during rounds and since it's at the top of the bag it's really convenient. When I reach down to grab a disc I just drop my hand in the pocket and dust my hand then grab the disc. Pic below...notice the Cloud 9 plug on the towel...Love Cloud 9!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/99235327@N06/9638134497/

I may get this I have the cabelas bag but the lack of water bottle holders kills me

The pics don't show up because you've linked to the actual flickr page and not the pic URL. If you go to the pages you've linked there's an option to see the pic in different sizes. Pick the size you want to display, right click on the image, copy the URL, and post that.

Like this.

9542467552_3e18edaf7b.jpg

Medium 500

9539690221_184f83b1f4_z.jpg

Medium 640

hey hey! so i got my red Bonner III backpack, and finished the modding this weekend. love it! i actually took the u-channel from my Innova Tourney bag and situated it in the backpack along with using some corrugated plastic beneath that as well as placing on the left and right sides of bag for extra support. also added a sheet to the back of pack for rear support. i love this thing....and actually got some quick attention from some buds out at the course as soon as i pulled up for a round. i really dig this thing on the course....i have one MINOR gripe. the material the bag and straps are made with does not breathe well at all....BUT, that is totally fine. i am going to pretty much use this bag as my "winter" season bag, and my Innova Tourney bag as my summer bag. it's perfect. the Bonner III has plenty of room for a hoodie when the weather starts to turn a little colder in the months ahead, so its perfect. love this thing! :D

Latest posts